21 Feb 2011

I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up.

I have thought for the longest time that Rosie really has great mastery of the English language but after the last few days I think I am wrong, very, very wrong.

Today the girls and I were in a shoe shop. Both of the girls find great joy in the little sockies that they provide for you to try on shoes. I mean between those things and latex gloves at the doctors office I don't think I would ever need to buy toys. As we were entering the shop Lily asked if they could have a sockie each. I told them that they could indeed have ONE each. Oh the joy and the desperation whilst we walked around as I perused shoe after shoe. Finally I told Lily to get them. I didn't find anything I liked (which frankly I find mortifying) and told Lily to get her sockie. As we were at the door leaving the shop I asked Rosie where hers was. She looked at my puzzled and I asked her again.

She immediately looked over her shoulder and back at the door and in a very loud voice announced, " I don't have any, I need TAMPONS too!"
Me: What, you need what?
Rosie: Tampons
Lily: (she was hysterically laughing but managed to say) :They're not TAMPONS, they're pantyhoses.
Me: I was speechless at this point
Rosie: Okay then, then I need panties-hoses
Me: HELP, take me away!

I am sure she didn't yell the word tampon in her loudest voice ever I think it just seemed that way.
I finally set them both straight and explained they are neither tampons nor pantyhoses nor panties-hoses but they are indeed little sockie thingamajigs.
Good thing I don't get embarrassed easily.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Love it! I fell off my stool laughing!!!!

Maci Miller said...

First of all...that is freakin HILARIOUS! Good thing I already had my coffee cuz I would have spit it out all over my computer!

Secondly, I LOVE the new pic and blog design. Gosh, how long has it been since I've been to your blog???

Which brings me to the 3rd thing...sorry I have been MIA! Been crazy around here, but back on track now. Blog is private again so it won't show up on your feed. Hope life has been good to you. Will catch up more later!
Love
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails