16 Aug 2010

Wrong Hotels and Suspicions

Jacob and I always stay at the same hotel chains. This last minute trip came about because the hotel room was going to be free, the air fare was free so all that left was a hire car. Heck we would have been mad not to do it. Not sure if you know this or not but the Northeast portion of this country is really patriotic, a lot more so than Florida at least. Lots of streets are named, Centennial and Independence etc etc. Where am I going with this you ask? Well it is simple. When Jacob asked me to book the hotel I asked him what the street was called and he thought about it for a nano second and then said, Independence Way. I looked it up on the website and found it and never bothered to check the city. I booked it checked my points and bam, done deal! Once we got to Boston and were in the car we put the address in the Sat-Nav and off we sped. As we neared where we thought the hotel was Jacob commented that nothing looked familiar and blamed it on the GPS taking us a different way when suddenly Miss GPS announced, arriving at destination, on leffft. (she has a funny way of saying the word "left".) I looked at him, and he looked at me. It was indeed the correct chain of hotel but it was not where we usually stay so I went in and asked if we had reservations there. We did! Uh oh! They offered to move us to the other city but we said we would stay there since American had left some of our luggage in Miami and would be sending it to this hotel at some point. Jacob was familiar with the area so we were fine and dandy! What twits!

The other part of this heading refers to suspicions. Hypothetically speaking, what would make you more suspicious in an airport; a woman carry a small unopened bottle of Gat0rade or a person with 2 small knives and a roll of duct tape?

Whenever we travel we always take the kids car seats with us, always. I actually think it pisses off my family when I schlep them all the way to England but frankly I don't care cos their safety comes first. We wrap them securely because I know what the belly of an airplane looks like and it is not pretty and I know first hand how employees handle luggage and that is not pretty either. I reinforce the area of the seats that will make contact with other objects with duct tape so that the fabric doesn't get messed up. Yes, I am a freakmeister.
When we arrived at the airport I started wrapping them whilst Jacob waited in line but they moved so fast that he was checking our luggage whilst I was maniacly wrapping carseats. I was about to put the knives and the duct tape in the checked bags but they were gone so I had no choice to put it in my carry on and hope for the best. Oh my.

As we headed though security my bag was pulled! Big shock. I was pulled aside and asked a few questions that I sorta answered. Finally Mr. TSA whipped out a bottle of Gatorade from my bag and showed it to my accusingly. I apologised told him there were 2 and bowed my head. He told me I only had one. I hated to argue? I mean I only packed the bag myself and have 2 kids so you would think I would know but who am I to argue! (plus I had that knife plus hubbies plus that tape ~snort!) He scanned my bag again came back and said, you must have 2! He whipped out another, scanned my bag again and then handed it back and bid me good bye.

Holy smoke he totally missed 2 knives and a roll of duct tape. Now the duct tape alone is not a problem but with those knives I could at least have taken out the pilot I am sure. If that were my intention. TSA........what a joke!

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Oh my....remind me if we ever travel to the same destination to be on the same fight as you!
It sounds like you had quite the adventure before your trip even started. Hope the rest is/was smooth sailing!

Maci Miller said...

Oh my! How ridiculous their searches are and rather scary that they missed the knives! What a joke, indeed!

Tammie said...

How is it that when you travel there is always an adventure!? TSA does scare me though. I can't imagine how they missed the knife & duct tape but picked up on, of all things, gatorade.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails