19 Aug 2010

Hit The Brakes

Summer has flown by. I wish somehow I could just make someone hit the brakes and we could rewind back to the beginning of July. Monday marks the start of school. Lily will be heading into 3rd grade and Rosie will start Pre-K 3 but only 2 mornings a week. Make this madness stop, my girls are growing up much to fast. How can it be that I have a kid in 3rd grade and how can it be that my baby is leaving me for a few hours twice a week.

Last night we went to her open house and met with her teacher. Her teacher has a really thick Honduran accent and is hard to understand....not impressed. Sure we all have accents of some sort but it helps if you can be understood. Just saying. Thankfully the teachers aide is a lady that i remember from when Lily went to the same school and I really like her. Rosie made zero connection with her teacher so I am hoping she will connect better with the aide, Miss Lee. Tuesday morning might be all sorts of fun but I am still hoping for the best scenario possible.

I took lots of photos of Rosie in the classroom and have posted them on the fridge so for the next couple of days they will become really familiar to her...well that is the plan it remains to be seen if it works.

We have traveled non-stop this summer and it has been so much fun and we have really had a great time but if there is such a thing as too much traveling we did it. I swear I thought I had loads of time to do all sorts of projects and kick back and chill while Lily had no school and it has not happened, not one thing and not one ounce of chilling. There is always next summer I suppose. LOL Let this be a lesson Dawnie.

Miss Lily has the crud. She had a sore throat last night and woke up this morning barking like a seal and sounding like a pubescent boy. A quick trip to the pediatrician and she was diagnosed with an inflamed trachea. A condition she possibly contracted on the plane last weekend. She is on a 3 day course of meds and should be fine after that. The chances of Rose catching it are slim...phew!

I love spending time with the girls and will truly hate sending them out the door and off to school next week. That said I could never home school...now that would do me in and would not do them any favours whatsoever!

Turn the clocks back, hit the brakes...I just want a little more time with my family, please.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Wow have you been one busy family this summer! You certainly have been all over the place. We, on the other hand, have spent the summer at home and partly at camp. I'm actually looking forward to school starting next week. I have no clue how some mom's homeschool their children. I love my kids beyond words, but I need some mommy time.

Sorry to hear your not too thrilled about Rosie's teacher. Hopefully she'll warm up to her once she starts school. Liam will most likely have Natalie's old teacher. Luckily he met her and the aide last school year so it should be a smooth transition (fingers crossed). Maybe one of these days we'll finally get the kids together. Let's plan on it when the weather cools off a bit... (is that ever going to happen?)

Hugs,
Grace

p.s. Hope Lily feels better soon. Hate it when one of the kids get sick.

Briana's Mom said...

I can't believe how fast the summer went too! Bri is already back in school. Sniff.

I hope Rosie warms up to her teacher quickly.

And I hope Lily feels better soon!

Tammie said...

I've truly enjoyed following your travels this summer. Since I don't get to travel often, I'm just going to have to travel along with you.

So hard to believe that our girls are now 3rd graders. It's awful. Just awful I tell you. Thankfully, Erin ended up with the teachers that I had hoped she would get. She knows them which will make her adjustment easier.

I'm sorry to hear that Rosie didn't connect with her teacher. Hopefully, it's just a little while till she does.

Vivian M said...

The girls will not remember your projects, but the memories you created this summer in all your travels will be priceless to them as the years go by. And yes, they are growing up so fast!
Get well soon Lily! And good luck Lily and Rosie in your new school year!

dawn said...

Thank you for the good wishes everyone....especially for the upcoming school year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails