24 Aug 2010

Rosie's First Ever Day at School ~ updated

Wow.......we just dropped Rosie off at school. Just a few minutes ago and I am still reeling from the shock of it all. Rosie marched into her classroom as if she owned it. She handed her little lunchbox to Ms. Maria and gave her a hug and when asked whether she wanted to to play Leg0's or colour she chose colouring. We knew better than to hang around so we gave her a very quick kiss and ran for the door. I told her that I had to go and do the ironing. I know that sounds lame but it is what I have to tell her at night when I put her to bed so that she knows where I am. She smiled, gave me a kiss a I fled, with tears in my eyes. I am so very proud of my girl. My little girl who won't let me leave the room for fear that I won't return.

I'm ready for my first day. This is my lunch. Kinda big when you consider how much I eat. LOL
This is my back pack. Mummy snuck bray bray in it for me.
This is daddy and me at my new school, The Creative Learning Centre
Mummy looks ready cry.
Here I go, into my classroom to meet Ms. Maria.

Here she is at the colouring table.


My baby isn't here with me she is somewhere else. This is huge, MONUMENTAL in fact. I keep getting tears in my eyes and this day isn't even about me it is about her. I am so proud of how far she has come. I have worked so hard with her to get her ready for this day and I know there are some people in this family that thought for sure this day would be a disaster, I thought it would be much worse than it was. I think Thursday will be harder but I have a bag of tricks for that day also.

Rosie...you rocked it! Good job Peanut!

Rosie had a fantastic first day. No tears were shed at all! As we were waiting outside the door to pick her up the teachers helper came out to take a little boy to the bathroom and Rosie spotted me, she bounced up with a huge smile on her face and was told to sit down again ( I think) she did so and kept looking at me and smiling. We were a few minutes early, just a few, and she went right back to what she was doing. Once she was bought out to us she was so bubbly and could not wait to tell us about her day of painting, drawing, loads and loads of bikes, the swings, the trains, the story of the mad boy, etc etc. As we walked to the car I almost fainted when she uttered these words. "can I come back, alot alot?" Sure you can sweet girl.
She is napping right now, exhausted from all that fun. Think I might do the same...I'm exhausted from my eyes sweating so much. Ms. Maria said she was so very proud of you and so are Daddy and I.

6 comments:

Tammie said...

Oh my! I didn't know whether to cry for you or scream for joy for Rosie. I'm thrilled the day went well for both of you.

Vivian M said...

Yay Rosie! It's always harder on the Mom.
Love her backpack!

Special K said...

Rosie is a rock star! Just like her big sis. :)

Life frome where we are said...

That just shows what a great job you did with her! That grin of hers is huge!

Andie said...

She really looked as if she was looking forward to it, those huge smiles. So glad that she enjoyed it. It's only you who has to get used to her being away now, good job you're doing it gradually!

Maci Miller said...

Oh, what a big girl! She looks so adorable in those pics! You must be sooo proud! How amazing she did! Ruby starts in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails