23 Aug 2010

First Day of School

Didn't matter how hard I tried I just couldn't stop it from happening!
This morning we accompanied our 3rd grader to her classroom. We knew exactly where to go and who all of her classmates were but we had no idea who the teacher was. The information was posted outside of the school at 6pm on Friday evening but Lily's teacher was listed as TBA. For the whole weekend we called her Miss Tiba.
We saw the Principal, Mr Diaz as we walked in and he looked about ready to suffer a stroke from all the stress and then we were greeted by many, Hi Lily's by various staff members. She gingerly opened the classroom door and a sunny voice welcomed Lily into the room. Lily returned the salutation and went in search of her desk. Her teacher is Ms. Llama, and is lovely. Lily only has 16 classmates and this year they have decided to keep the whole vision academy together all the time which is fabulous. Lily is beyond thrilled to have all of hr friends with her.
I am so happy with everything I saw in those few moments and if first impressions count, this is going to be a great year for our girl. I can't wait to go and get her and hear what she has to say.

My camera is suffering a slow death, ( i didn't know this when I took the pictures) so the photos I took of her this morning are very sickly. The big daddy imac is also unwell and all my photoshop programs are on that so I will have to post some really sad photos and doctor them up when big daddy imac is all better.


Somewhere between the house and school my camera went from feeling icky to being terminal! Zoinks!
Getting ready to leave the house
All set

Lily and Rosie in her classroom
Lily unpacking her bookbag

2 comments:

Special K said...

Glad to hear everyone survived the first day of school. Hope this year is a great one!

Tammie said...

How nice that Lily is with all of her friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails