17 Jul 2010

Back In The Saddle

A certain little girl was so happy to be back in the saddle on her favourite horse and took full advantage of being at the farm. I am losing count of all the foals that have been born in the past 3 weeks and now there are puppies too. The miniature horse just had a foal and it is the size of a large stuffed toy and Gema actually let Lily carry him. I realised on Thursday that Lily doesn't get to see some of wonderful things that Rosie and I see when she is there as she is always riding so yesterday we went over just to walk around and see all the babies and fun stuff.

The Mama and baby
this is Gema, Lily's instructor, she absolutely hates being photographed but missed me taking this one.
Here she caught me with the camera so she asked Lily to hide her.

Lily and the miniature foal.
He is sooooo soft and really rather adorable.
Rosie hugging the horse, well trying to she couldn't reach over the pummel
Uh genius, I think you've got something a little cock-eyed.
Silly goose

Way to close for my comfort!
Just look at those grins
Lily and Lindsey........double trouble
I just don't get it, her love for these enormous animals and her comfort level around them.The girls and the puppies

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Love the pictures!

Tammie said...

I am in total shock that you got so close to a horse! The girls OTOH I can't imagine not liking them.

The miniature foal is so adorable!

kitchu said...

what memories this brings back for me! i was the same with and about horses, my cousins grew up competing (my oldest cousin had been in germany the last 15 years and competes just below olympic level). so, anyway, always had access to horses growing up and my gosh we'd sit on them backwards, work on our tans, (laying down on their backs while they grazed) or have a good game of "cops and robbers" chasing one another.

i miss riding and enjoy it so much, but i'm not nearly as fearless any longer. i hope i can find a place for E to ride, i think it would do a world of good for her core strength. G would have to stay home b/c he is highly and seriously allergic to horse hair.

LOVE the photos. Miss Lily has grown so much and Rosie too. both so adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails