22 Jun 2010

The Girls Just Love it Here.

We arrived in the UK this morning at 6.30am and the girls have not stopped all day even though they only got a few hours of sleep on the flight over. Lily nearly crushed her Grandpa to death with the bear like hug that she gave him and Rosie was not about to be out done even if she was initially somewhat apprehensive the apprehension didn't last long. It is amazing how they go for months without seeing my family and just pick up where they left off.

Rosie absolutely floored me this afternoon when she came running up to me and asked if she could go shopping with Nannie.....say what??? This is a child that never wants me out of her sight. I of course said yes and off they trotted just the 2 of them. She is so comfortable here.

They spent the day playing with Grandpa in the garden and then Auntie Sally came over for a visit and Nannie bought the girls a little pool to play in and their Uncle Mike and I entertained them. Cousin Heather came by after school and it was just some silly times with cousins and family. Everybody stayed for dinner and then Auntie Sally bathed the girls and I finally put 2 exhausted jet lagged children to sleep.

I only had one mild heart attack and that was when my very capable Father taught my very clumsy child how to use an electric drill. She was his helper. I knew she was in good hands so I just left them alone in his workshop. She was so proud of herself. Lily adores my Daddy....and I understand why. Rosie referred to Nannie as, the big girl and that cracked us both up. She asked me, "mummy where is the big girl who was right here?" It took me a minute to work it out I thought she meant Heather but at that point Heather hadn't arrived.

If days can be defined as perfect, this was perfection with the exception of Jacob's absence.

The girls and Grandpa
Rosie in the pool while Lily and Heather played "big Girl" stuff
Rosie and her big girl, AKA Nannie
Lily

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

So glad you had a safe trip home. Looks like your girls are in good hands. It's the best when you have family that can take care of the ones you love. Look forward to reading about all your adventures while in the UK.

Vivian M said...

So glad you made it safe and sound! Now hope you catch up some sleep, and have a wonderful time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails