19 Mar 2010

Not So Big After All.

Sometimes it feels as if Rosie and I live at her gastro's offfice. I really don't feel that we need to be going there anymore and her regular ped' doesn't feel that we need to be going there anymore either and so as we headed in there today at the dark hour of 8.am I truly thought it would be for the last time....wrong again.

Since Peanut is looking so much bigger and is definitely getting taller I thought she might have tipped the scales at 2lbs heavier since we have not been there for 3 months but oh how silly I was! Rosie now weighs 26.8 lbs and is 37.5 inches long. She is still in the 10th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height. She has gained 1lb 2ozs in 3 months. I knew when her ped weighed her for her well visit and said she weighed 28 lbs it was a joke, it was all of her winter clothes. So yet again we have to go back again but this time not for 6 months. I swear I am canceling the appointment and being an irresponsible parent and just saying I am done. She is healthy. Her issues are all in the past. I won't be able to do it, I know that! I will go back and wait for 2+ hours in the waiting room to see the doctor and get told she looks wonderful but she should be gaining more weight than this at her age. It is really starting to get old. When we initially went to see her we had legitimate problems, Rose was losing weight and everything that she ate went in one end and out the other....mighty fast. She as tested for everything and they discovered nothing for months and then by accident the culprit was discovered and since eliminating it the problems have ceased but she never has gained the weight that the doctor has been "weighting" for.

If she didn't weigh her naked I swear I would hide lead in her pocket just to be done with all of this!

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Is she being checked on the American or Chinese growth charts? I only ask because there was a difference in the two when we were "charting" Kerri in the beginning.
I am happy Rosie is healthy!

Tammie said...

I agree with Viv. The Chinese & American charts are vastly different. As you know, we were told that Erin needs to start eating more/better & not lose any more weight. That was by her ped who is also Chinese & has the background.

The way I am looking at it is that the girls are healthy & decent eaters (at least Rosie is if not Erin). I'm doing my best to avoid pressuring Erin into eating. It worked. She gained about 2 pounds since August.

Keep doing whatever you're doing because Rosie looks as healthy as can be. She's just petite. Let the docs learn to deal with that fact.

Love Letters To China said...

I'm so glad to hear your little sweetie is healthy and doing so well. I agree with Viv and Tammie regarding her size. My little guy isn't that tall but I must say he is quite hefty. My back can attest for that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails