31 Dec 2009

Good Bye To You and Hello To You

Here we are again on the cusp of another year ending. It really is rather remarkable how fast the years fly by now and how big my girls get with every month that passes. It was 2 years ago tonight that we received the word from our agency that they had received our LOA and now here we are with Rosie home for almost 2 years.

Jacob is working tonight and I didn't want to go anywhere this evening alone with the girls so we are partying at home and everything including the menu has been their choice. Dinner was sloth toes (Mummy's chicken fingers), mac and cheese, tomatoes, cukes, dipping sauce and fresh shrimp followed by crepes for dessert with lemon juice and sugar on them. Later on they want a cheese platter with the cheeses that they chose at the store and pistachios and honey roasted peanuts served with sparkling apple juice. We are going to be playing Wii*, they have party tiara's and woot woot's (noise makers), necklaces that say 2010 on them and we have enough balloons in the house to make it fly away. Later on they plan to jump on them and burst them. (good luck with that Rosie). If after all of this they are still awake they want to see a movie but neither one of them is feeling that wonderful so I'm not sure if they will make it or not although one thing I am sure of is that they will both give it there best shot.

For many of my friends 2009 has been a really horrid year,. For us it hasn't been so bad. It has had a few really niggly moments but life is like that. The loss of my uncle was the lowest point of all but really we have been truly lucky this year.

I don't make resolutions as I feel setting myself up for possible failure at the beginning of a fresh year is negative but I will strive for certain goals and foremost will be, to be the best mother I can be for the girls. This year I also want to take some time for Jacob and I as a couple. We have no family around so leaving the girls is pretty much impossible. I also want to spend less time on the computer...horrors! Blogging, email and FB are fun but they should not take up so much of my day. I really want more hours in my day but somehow I don't think that is going to happen!

I hope that the new year brings the answer to the prayers you have prayed, the wishes you have wished and the dreams you have dreamt.

Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Vivian M said...

Wishing you all a very happy New Year, and hope that all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

They are truly gifts!! Happy New Year. Deb, Bri and Hannah

Special K said...

Oh that was adorable. I love hearing their little voices. Happy New Year!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

LOL! That video was precious! I love when Rosie started giving you another Christmas list!!

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails