27 Dec 2009

Cleansed.

This morning I woke up after very little sleep and after getting the girls a drink I started to unload the dishwasher. As I was about to put away the dishes I decided that it was time to say farewell to all the Christmas dishes for another year and I packed them away. One thing led to another and after many hours of work the tree was down and all traces of Christmas had been banished from the house.

If it had stopped there it would have been a productive day but things just kept snowballing and before we knew it it was 3.30 pm and we had 2 huge bags to donate to charity and many closets had been purged. It felt so good. Our house is so clean and tidy and lots of extra stuff is a gonna and we are feeling good about life.

As much as I love Christmas I really needed the house back to normal. Jacob and I both said that Christmas seemed to happen really quickly this year and in some ways Christmas day didn't even seem like Christmas day. I realised that for the first time in my life I did not have a Christmas pudding....that is just plain wrong. Next year I shall rectify that for sure.

After all the hard work we played Wii* Fit with the girls which was probably the funniest thing I have seen in ages. Jacob was hysterical to watch but Rosie really took the cake! We were so into having a silly time that none of is thought about the camera so you will just have to believe me when I say it was side splittingly funny. I was told I need to gain 15ibs but my Wii* age is 74...yikes. Hubby needs to lose a few pounds but he is fitter than me at 66, well who wouldn't be. I would have been much fitter but I kept falling off the step. My balance needs work!

I had to abandon everyone to run an errand and both girls flat out refused to come me and chose to stay home and play with Daddy outside on their Christmas toys. When I got back Lily had crashed, I must have had a premonition because I picked up a huge first aid kit. She was fine just a little skin off of her knee but the first aid kit made her giggle. The thing is huge and contains everything. I realised last night when our master bathroom flooded and I had to take everything out of one cupboard that we were running low on supplies. This afternoon I just happened to remember and saw this kit and grabbed it. Since Jacob often calls Lily, "Crash" it seemed an appropriate item to have, I just didn't think we would use it so soon. ( I should know better with Lily)

Life is good with everything back where it belongs. I wonder how long it will take me to find the one Christmas item that I forgot to pack away? Even the blog got a makeover to exorcise it's festive-ness.

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

OMG we are so alike! I feel exactly the same way about getting the Christmas decor packed once the holiday is over. I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. I wish I could have continued on into the kids rooms. They need an overhaul big time! Hopefully when they return to school I'll have a moment to myself and can actually accomplish something.

Vivian M said...

I did the same thing, and once I started I could not wait to finish. It was almost like I was trying to get rid of every trace of 2009 in the process so I could start the New Year with a fresh, clean start!
Glad "Crash" was not too badly hurt.
As for the Wii, Kerri and hubby love it, and they spend way too much time on it! Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails