20 Oct 2009

Milestones....and mumblings. (amended)

I completely forgot to mention the milestone! As of 2 days ago when the weather turned chilly ( it has since returned to it's usual yucky hotness ) Rosie wore her first piece of clothing that has the numbers 24 printed on the tag! Yes that is correct, our little girl who turns 3 in 3 months time is finally wearing 24 month clothing just so long as it is 18-24 months and not plain old 24 months or heaven forbid 2t! I pulled a pair of her jeans out for her to wear on Sunday and they were capri's on her, they fit perfectly at her waist but were way to short in the leg so I paraded her around the house for her whole family to see before dragging her back to her room to find something bigger.

This is one of those posts. One of those that hops about a bit. You may need sea sickness tablets.

Rosie is growing up WAY. TO. FAST. When Lily was little I suppose part of me knew that she was going to have a little sister, that I was going to have another baby girl but this time around, THIS. IS. IT. The crib is gone, the tiny baby clothes are all gone, some of her little baby toys are gone. What's going on? This is bothering me alot. It is just a little bit too final. I keep thinking perhaps one more? My new found friend Grace has the most gorgeous little man called Liam. I can barely look at him in fear of drooling on his head! I often wonder if we should have a boy as well, just one more. Then reality sinks in...WE ARE DONE, NO MORE! But what if I log in to WACAP's waitng child list and I see a little boy? Would it be really terrible? Yes, yes it would cos we are done!

Rosie is now becoming very independent however she refuses any and all attempts on our behalf to get her to give up her diapers! I bought her some Elmo knickers at the shop the other day cos the loved them. I told her she should wear them but mustn't pee in them cos she would be peeing on Elmo's head. She loved the idea of Elmo knickers and said she would never pee on his head. Of course she won't pee on his head because that would entail actually having them on! She is quite capable of using the loo. In fact she hasn't pooped in a diaper in 7 months and frequently tells me she has to pee but she is lazy, really flipping lazy...little devil!

Her vocabulary is outstanding. She strings full sentences together like nobodies business. Of course with that wonderful use of words comes many embarrassing moments for me. We were in the store the other day and an elderly lady in front of us was really slow at unloading her groceries and to my horror Rosie yelled, "come on old lady move it". I was speechless. Mortified, Red Faced. I didn't handle the situation well at all. Thankfully the lady was Hispanic and spoke no English so I was saved. I think Rosie got that frightful expression from me when I am driving. I am not a patient person behind the wheel. I think it could have been worse but at the time I wasn't so sure. Jacob gave me the stink eye for ages for that one! Oopsie, live and learn I say. There are still words she cannot say, washcloths are still, loff joff's but she has mastered most words. Things like garbage are garby but she doesn't really have to many Rosie-isms. Like I may have mentioned she is growing up way to fast.

I miss my folks. I came over to this country for a year, in 1983. We would like to move back, if only it were that easy. We just found out that the UK may not recognise our adoptions...oh well thank you very freaking much. We are looking into it. My green card expires again in a couple of months so I have to renew it or go for citizenship. I hate tests but for the sake of the girls and my own sanity, immigration officers are really nasty and very mean I need to do the citizen thing.

Lily gets sillier by the day. She is really into origami and yesterday made her and Rosie some paper shoes. They were so funny. I failed to get photos of them. They poked about the house in them for ages.

Miss Lil loves school again this year. Really loves it. She is doing really well again too and her reading age is off the charts. She loves to read and write silly stories however she doesn't like to actually write, if that makes sense. She always gets told her writing isn't neat enough. In the last couple of weeks she has worked very hard on it and when I asked her about it she said, "I got fed up with people telling me to re do it so now I just do it neat the first time:. Well duh sparky!

She is very protective of Rosie. She knows what Rosie likes and what gets her upset and when we are out she goes to great lengths to make sure she is protected. She is a very kind child, always has been. I don't think she will ever do well up against mean kids. Jakey will have to toughen her up a bit. One of her cousins was a bit mean one day and she ended up in tears, she just couldn't get her head around it. I really hope she stays this way but who knows.

I asked Lily to start a Christmas list and she handed me a list of things for Rosie. I told her that was nice but I needed one for her. SHe said she didn't need anything but Rosie would like this stuff. She then said did she have to have anything? What am I supposed to say to that? I suggested she think of something otherwise she might feel a little bit sad on Christmas morning but she insists she has everything she wants.

Oh here is another wonderful line from Rosie to end this post with. We were driving home on Sunday evening and we were just saying silly words. Usually at this particular spot I read the street names cos they are all birds. But it was too dark and I couldn't see them so instead I said silly things, ie. squiggle swaggle, and the girls would say it, then Lily would say something silly and we would say it and then it was Rosies turn, etc etc repeat repeat. It was Rosie turn and she belts out........ANUS! Lovely huh? Do I need to tell you how hard we all laughed. As for where she got this awful word, well it's along story but it was in fact from Lily's Spanish homework. The word was anos meaning year but if you don't have the little accent on the N you have anus when you translate it and we don't have the accent on out computer so Lily had to ask me what anus meant cos that is what it translated to and all of a sudden I was laughing hysterically and I had to explain and Rosie heard and she NEVER forgot the word! SIGH.

Adios, mi amigos. hasta ya pasta.

1 comment:

Love Letters To China said...

Don't worry Dawn, I'm always drooling on that sweet head. :) He truly is a sweet little boy and we are so happy to have him as our son. I too feel the same way as you. I often wonder if we should add another to our family. I know if I wanted to Mark would go along with the idea. I'm just so overwhelmed most of the time I don't think I could handle another child right now. I'm not closing the door completely on the idea, but it is almost shut.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails