15 Sept 2009

YEE HAW.

Frankly I cannot think of anything that is less-British than that title but it sums up how I feel right now!

Rosie and I have just left her gastroenterologists office for the 5th or maybe the 6th time and this time we made the Dr happy. In fact we made her very happy. The last appointment we had was on the day we left for the U.K. and Rosie had only managed to gain 2 ounces and was still having diner-reeney after every single thing that she ate. Not so anymore thanks to that unplanned trip to England. She hasn't had diarrhea since June. We discovered the culprit quite by accident and have eliminated it from her diet and today she tipped the scales at 25 lbs and 3 ozs! She has gone from being in the 3rd percentile to being in the 10th for weight. She also grew 1 inch. The child is a giant. She can now wear the next size diaper legally as opposed to just wear them cos her mother felt sorry for her wearing such pathetically small diapers. (they still come up to her boobies but that is beside the point)

On another bright and cheery note I returned home on Sunday to a voicemail that said, "hey Tart, call me". I got chills up my spine. Only 2 friends in the world call me Tart, a hubby and wife team but she is sick, very very sick and she never calls me anymore. But it was her voice, full of vim and vigour, she sounded like her old self. I rang her back and I got to see her yesterday for the first time in 5 years. It did my heart good. Pammie, I love you and to see you yesterday was so wonderful. Twenty years melted away and it was just like old times and BTW I don't care what that old b*stard says, I am not getting old LOL. When you are ready let me know and I will come and get you and bring you over for the day. Promise me that!

I am off to do the happy dance with Goliath.

5 comments:

Pammie said...

Tart,
It was my pleasure to see you. We also love you guys very much. I am honored to be mentioned on your blog. It will be a while till condo finished but I will be there to see the 4 Copes soon. Love Pammie Armando & Adam

3D said...

Great news and great reunions!

Keep smilin!

April said...

HURRAY! That is so exciting about Rosie! I better tell Eliana to watch out. So what was the culprit? We are having issues with Eliana now. She has been losing weight for 2.5 months now and we don't know why. She is eating and has solid poop, but still losing. She is still somehow growing though - 1/4" in the last 2 weeks?
That is so great about Pammie!

Tammie said...

I love good news & reunions!

Vivian M said...

Yay!! Guess Rosie is going to start growing by leaps and bounds now, she was just a late bloomer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails