18 Sept 2009

Confession Time.

This post spans back a couple of decades and is humiliating.

Shortly after Jakey and I were married he had a job that involved him travelling occasionally and before one particular trip I told him that I had picked up all of the dry cleaning so if he needed any of it for his upcoming trip not to wear it. I then left the house and went to work and later that day he stopped by to see me. I was mortified when he walked in and I saw what he was wearing. Jacob used to do alot of print and T.V work. He had done a couple of commercials, a few movies and he knew how to dress but that day he looked like a freak. I asked him what had happened and he said he didn't think anything was wrong with his choices and that he didn't want to to take what he was wearing him with him on the trip. I can still remember what he had on and the colours were scary. He also still remembers and says they were fine.

Following this fashion disaster I made him take the ishihara colour blind test and to my total surprise he passed it.

A few months ago we were sitting down on the couch one evening being utterly silly on Faceb*ok when he came across the colour blind test. His friends were all doing it so he decided to take it too. I was looking over his shoulder whilst doing my own stuff so I thought I would help him out, cos as I have said he is colour blind! He was doing ok but at one point he faltered so I helped and whaddaya know, with my help he got the answer wrong. We laughed, he ribbed me and that was the end. He did get a lot of flack from his friends though.

A few months passed and we were at a friends house and she is colour blind and we were talking about it so Jacob pulled up the test on the computer again. This time a group of us gathered around and we all set to it. I started reading out the numbers and everyone start roaring with laughter. I am doing sort of OK but struggling like h*ll with some of them. Some don't even have numbers in at all.

You get where this is going don't you. After all these years it isn't my husband that is colour blind it is me. It was the funniest moment. We laughed so very hard. I can see most colours. But some of them escape me. The funniest thing of all is that I have decorated the house, I have dressed my hubby for years because I have sworn he is colour blind but in fact it is me. I am not bad I think I am only missing a couple of photo receptors because I can make out nearly every colour but some just are not there.

Lily is having a great time with this and will not let me dress her any more or even buy her clothes. For the longest time I have owned a pair of pants that I have sworn were brown but everyone else has said are green....I guess they are green...who knew. Ditto a shirt I said was pink, they said it's peach, I hate peach and wouldn't be caught dead in peach.....that one is gone. Andie, you said it was peach, not sure if you remember. So if I wear some god awful outfits feel free to let me know I will gladly get rid of them.

Colour me surprised! My husband is gloating and I had to write this post cos if I didn't he would!

5 comments:

April said...

Oh dear, this post makes me wonder if the problem is me in our house. I do the same thing with brown and green. I'm thinking I better take that test. Is it online? Sorry about being color blind. Oh well, you ALWAYS look great to me. :-)

MeiLi's Adoption Journey said...

LOL this is hilarious! I know a few people that should take that test!

Special K said...

Oh now that IS a funny story! LOL that Lily won't let you dress her anymore.

Tammie said...

Too funny! When you guys were at our last luncheon & you told the story to me, Jacob was laughing so hard.

Vivian M said...

I never would have guessed, your outfits always match beautifully!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails