16 Jul 2009

Riding Out.

Lily had a really long riding lesson again today with the owner of the stables and after a brief warming up session they headed back out into the streets. She absolutely loves this. As she has now been taking lessons for over a year and the most she has ever done is ride around and around in the paddock we were ready to find a new stable but this past couple of weeks has given us a new faith in the school she is in and we are going to stay put since she is suddenly learning so much and doing so much more.

Once again Rosie and I drove around the neighbourhood in the car and pulled over to the side of the road and I took photos. The sky was so dark, due to an approaching storm, that the photos are really dingy looking, so much so that I edited them to brighten them up however I cannot do that to the video so if it looks like two different days that is why.

Just as they were leaving the stables and getting themselves organised.




In this video the kids are all a bit tightly packed so I will help you out. Lily is wearing a pale pink t-shirt and she doesn't really appear until about midway through it. Don't you just love the colour of the sky? The thunder and lightening were quite alarming but nobody else, including the horses seemed bothered!


This video makes me laugh because you can clearly hear Rosie shout," Hi Lily", in it. The group were all heading over to a grapevine where they stopped and everyone picked a few bunches of grapes. Rosie was very happy about this as we were the designated grape carriers and she was of course the tester.



Grapes, anyone?




I don't know when she got so confident but she did and I am happy about that....I think. No, I am happy about her confidence I am just unsure about this whole horsey thing.


THe storm got a little bit to close so Hema rounded them up and headed them home and they rode for a while longer back at the stables. The first thing out of Lily's mouth once they headed into the paddock was, "can we gallop now?" And off she went like a mad woman! I think I will take up drinking on days when Lily rides.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

I so get your last sentence! It's a good thing I don't drink. :o)

Lily looks amazingly confident on that huge horse!

Maci Miller said...

Oh, that last sentence is pretty funny! Boy, Lily does look good on that horse. Looks VERY confident!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails