27 May 2009

Little Miss Fix It.

We still have one VCR and have said that when this one bites the dust that is it. One day last week Lily decided she wanted to watch Raff*i so she tried to eject the tape that was in there and but it wouldn't come out so I went to assist her. She was correct it was stuck! After a few minutes I was able to retrieve it with the help of a knife but we never could get Raff*i to go in. As I silently cheered and thought about how we would be able to lose all the old clunky tapes Lily was quite sad. Jacob had a look at it on Sunday evening and unplugged it and plugged it back in again and what do ya know, success! The tape went it and then he tried to eject it but it got stuck again. He used my nifty technique and used the knife and got it out. Being a guy he decided this was not good enough so he got a flashlight and started to peer into the opening and suddenly announced, "aha, I see the problem, there is a CD in here but that's not all it's still in it's flipping case!". We laughed and commented on who the guilty party must have been. He was able to get the CD out with the aid of yet some more kitchen utensils and now that darn VCR still works. I guess we are stuck with those big clunky tapes for a while longer!

When Rosie woke up the next morning we showed her the offending article and explained that she must NOT push them into the VCR and she looked at us and said, "ohh" with such innocence. Yeah right!

I need to add we do have dvd players as well and that is why we so desperately want the VCR to go bye bye.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Now. Are you sure it was that sweet Rosie? I take offense on her part. Truly. It was the VCR fairy telling you she was tired & wants to retire. Could the last family owning a VCR please put it to sleep & transfer over to DVD?

Cute story!

Vivian M said...

Awww. I am going to miss my VCR when it finally goes bye bye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails