29 May 2009

BULLETS

  • 4 more days of school. Yee Haw!
  • This time next week we will be in New England.
  • When I went in Rosie's room this morning after her nap she said, "it's so nice to see you".
  • I cut my hair this morning. It's getting shorter by the hair cut. Soon it will be short again even though I said I wouldn't go short again. 
  • Rosie is growing. I don't care what the scales say, well I do actually but she is growing. She is nearly in 18 month clothes exclusively. Just a few 12 month stragglers hanging on.
  • Lily is huge. She turns 7 next week. There is such a difference between turning 6 and turning 7. 
  • She wanted to go the American Girl Store for her birthday so we let her chose the location. I secretly hoped she would chose NYC but she chose Boston cos her Aunties live there and we can see them. That is great cos I can't wait to see Fran and Shell either and I know Andie will love them...they are nuts too.
  • I am finding it increasingly more difficult to be pleasant to Lily's teacher. As the days to the end of school count down my smile gets more and more fake. I have to be the grown up but it is proving to be a challenge. Nasty old bag.
  • Lily makes me laugh all the time. She really is a funny girl with a great sense of humour.
  • I am so ready for a vacation we have not been away as a family since we went to China last year. Andie is meeting us in Boston and there is going to be so much silliness. 2 weeks with Andie and then another week on the west coast......bliss.
  • I don't think it is ever going to stop raining. For those of you that don't live in Florida you don't know what rain is until you have been to Florida during rainy season,  especially this one.
  • I haven't even got any closets left to clean out during all this rain since I went on a major cleaning bender a few weeks back.
  • I think Rose is going to have a lisp. This probably should  not be making me laugh but right now it is comical. She says horsth, nicth, huth for horse nice and hush. Perhaps it is a speech learning curve but me not so sure. 
  • With regard to the aforementioned lisp Lily's comment was, "oh no, does that mean I am going to get wet when she speaks?" I told you she has a sense of humour and it is wicked just like mine.
  • When I started this post the roofer had not been, now he has. He will be back to mend the roof if it stops raining for more than 5 hours at one time...I will see him in October. Ha ha ha.
  • Hurricane season starts again in a few days. 'Nuff said about that. 
  • The girls really love it when we drive through big puddles. I loved it when I was little too and I called them wooshers so now the girls call them that too. My dad used to seek out the biggest wooshers he could find for me. Jacob thinks I should avoid wooshers at all costs since I drive a car not a boat. Dull, very dull. Little does he know we seek them out and we just don't tell him. Well I don't at least but I cannot speak for the girls since I never tell them not to tell their Daddy anything.
  • Tomorrow we are off to meet up with a blogger whose blog I have followed for ages and she has finally and I mean finally received her referral. Her baby is so beautiful and is waiting for her in Thailand.
  • If you have made it this far you deserve a stiff drink or at least a whole bag of sweets all to your self so off you go and indulge. 
  • Have a fabulous weekend and if you are from these parts...stay dry!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails