24 Apr 2009

Rosie Update

Today was Rosie's follow up appointment with the gastroenterologist. Since the last time we were with her she told me the only scales that matter right now with regard to Rosie's weight are hers, I have not bothered weighing her so I was really anxious to find out how much she had gained or lost. Jacob weighed her at the supermarket about a week ago and obviously she was fully clothed and according to those scales she had lost more weight if we took into consideration her clothes and diaper. I watched her climb the stairs the other evening en route to the bath and her little bum looked a bit more beefy than before so I was hoping for a slight gain. After waiting for an hour and a half (which really pissed me off as I have better things to do than spend that much time doing nothing) we finally got to see the Dr.

Miss Rosie Posie has managed to pack a whopping 6 ounces on to her scrawny little frame in the last 6 weeks and she has grown half an inch! Now this might not sound like earth shattering amounts but the key word in that sentence was, "on", in other words she gained weight rather than lost it so we are all very happy. All of the test results came back negative so we have now ruled out any chronic childhood diseases which of course has made me rather giddy. The next sentence out of the Dr's mouth almost made me jump up and down....I don't have to take any more samples to the lab. Yeehaw on that one. Honestly people I am sick of, and please excuse my French, lugging shit across town! I cannot count how many samples I have delivered to the lab but it is way to many. I am probably known as the poo lady by the techs there.

Rosie has another follow up exam in 8 weeks and if her weight gain remains at this slow and steady pace then we will be done but if not then it is time for more testing. Rosie is still having alot of low grade fevers but the diner-reeney as it is called in this house appears to be getting a bit better. So it was all good news and Fatsoe, as she has been called all day long, is once again on the charts for her weight even if she is only in the 3rd percentile. Rosie now weighs 22.9lbs and is 34 inches tall and will be 27 months old next week. I think I am going to change her nickname to Goliath.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

Go Rosie!!!

Honestly, I am so darn happy that the weight is starting to stay on her sweet little tush.

Andie said...

That's great news. Looking at the recent photos, she does seem to have got a lot taller.

Look forward to seeing more of her very soon!

Christi and Abbey said...

Hi Dawn, Would you believe that I thought you stopped blogging last year and didn't know about this one until now! I've so missed your wit and humor, but now I'm excited that I have lots of juicy late night reading to pour over. Can't wait to hear everything about the girls from last April until now.

April said...

Hi,
Thanks for the note the other day. I did a new post and it might answer your question.

That is awesome about Rosie's weight. I had to laugh because Eliana will be 30 months old on the 1st and she is only 33 1/4 inches tall, but she weights 27 lbs.. I guess Rosie is going to be taller than Eliana and be thin and Eliana will be short and more round. Actually, if she didn't have her bottle tummy she would not look very big. I chalk her weight up to the baby ensure I give her. Actually it is called PediaSmart and it is awesome organic drink that is for toddlers and up. It can be used (under a doctor's care) as a total meal replacement for children that can't eat for some reason. I wonder if giving her a serving in the morning and at night might beef her up a bit?
http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart.php
Just in case you are interested in checking it out. You have to order it online and it is a little expensive, but well worth it. Talk soon.
Love to all of you,
April

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails