18 Apr 2009

Un-Sleepover

Why on Gods green earth is it called a sleep over when we all know that the last thing kids really want to do is sleep?

Since our friend H is recovering from her skiing accident that led to her 8 hours of surgery we decided to kidnap her kidlets on Friday night and bring them down here to play and have an un-sleepover. A little fun and silliness is just what they needed and a lot of rest and relaxation is just what their Mama needed so it was a win win situation. And if I started to lose my sanity I could always find a quite corner and a bottle of wine.

As soon as Lily finished her homework on Friday afternoon we hightailed it to the car and went on our kidnapping mission. We weren't really kidnapping since I had arranged everything with "H" beforehand. We flew in picked up the girls left my car parked in her driveway and and I left in hers. I needed something a bit bigger than a CRV. Since all the kids are under the age of 10 it involves a whole lot of car seats and the logistics of that cannot be squished into a CRV. We drove away and never looked back. We were determined to make this an adventure.

The girls all get along so well and can play for hours without any bother at all which never ceases to amaze me as they range in age from 2-9. By 10pm I thought they needed to go to bed as we had a busy day planned for today so up the stairs we trundled. I tucked them all in, kissed them goodnight and left the room only to hear side splitting laughter about 3 seconds later. They finally went to sleep at some point and I had to take a photo cos they just looked so lovely. I made Lily's bed and trundle bed into a king for them so that they could all sleep together but they decided they wanted our bed instead??? I wasn't going to argue because I am a pushover and was somewhat out numbered with 5 of them and 1 of me so that is where they slept and Jacob and I had Lily's bedroom....no biggie at all. (I spared Rosie from this madness and she was in the safety of her crib)

There were four in the bed and the little one said....
How the heck can anyone get any sleep at all in this tangled up mess?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



It doesn't matter how you look at it there just doesn't seem to be enough room.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


They woke up at some unearthly hour all giggly and we started the day just where it left off. Rosie took an early nap and then we all headed out for the rest of the day to the American Airline#s family picnic. My lord the girls didn't stop. They rode every ride, more than once, ate so much cotton candy it became one with their hair, they climbed rock walls, rode mini roller coasters, little trains, jumped in bounce houses and ate!

Let the fun begin because we are ready.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Everybody needs a leaning post.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


That crazy daddy took 2 girls down the slide at once!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We finally put five very tired little girls back in the car and came home. We ate dinner and then gave all of them a bath. Bathing 5 kids involves tidal waves and tsunami's, more bubbles and soap than I ever could of imagined and a whole lot of silliness. Everyone put on their jimjams and we got back in the car again and took them home. It is just mind boggling how long it takes to get 5 girls in and out of the car. Actually getting to the point of being ready to get in the car is monumental. We all had a really fun time. Three out of the five were asleep before we got back to H's house at 7pm. Rosie managed to stay awake and ran in the house like she owned it but she didn't stay awake for the ride back home.

It was a great time. I wish the circumstances were different but life is what it is. Oh and that bottle of wine never did get opened and I only finished half of the Valium I prescribed myself.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

H is very lucky to have a friend such as you. I'm sure that she got some much needed rest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails