13 Nov 2008

Honouring Lily

When Lily teachers need to tell us something they place the letters in her homework folder and she brings them home. Sometimes she knows the notes are there and other times she is clueless. On Monday I opened her folder and there were 2 notes. The first one was an invitation to a ceremony honouring her for having perfect attendance and the second one was an invitation to a ceremony honouring her for her GPA. The award ceremony was this morning.

She looks a little bit proud don't ya think?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I love the way she is peeking around the side of her certificate to make sure we can see here.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Lost in thought

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Here is her certificate.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Schnoogie, we are very proud of you. What you don't realise yet because you are too little is that you have set the standard very high for yourself by achieving these grades so young! I hope that you continue to love school and learning, I am sure you will as it is who you are.

We bought her a new set of the American Girl book series as a reward. Talking of the American girl series, she loves them. She cannot wait to have her bath so that she can settle down and read about their latest adventure. Tonight we read about Molly and the blitz in London in 1944. When I walked her up to bed she wanted to turn the lights off so that she could pretend it was a blackout. Once we found the bed she climbed in and I followed, under her strict instructions. She pulled the covers over our heads and then suddenly announced, "bombs away!" and made an explosion sound. She was even talking with a British accent. She made me laugh so much that I was crying. By the time I kissed her goodnight we were both out of breathe from all the giggling.

Rosie didn't get to take her nap this morning because she went to Lily's school and then she had to accompany me to the doctors office. Literally seconds before we needed to pick up Lily from school exhaustion prevailed and this is what I found, on the floor no less:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I love this photo

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Why did we go to the doctors office? Because my eye is screwed up again. I got 2 whole weeks without any steroids at all but that is not the case now. As much as I like my Dr. I have decided it is time to seek a second opinion. This has been going on since June and I am over it, so over it. Next week I meet with a Dr. that my Dr. bought in on my case a few years back. He is a corneal expert and I had forgotten all about him. Keep everything crossed please. I am tired of looking freaky. Forget about the possible vision loss it is all about the vanity as far as I am concerned. Ok that isn't all true but look for yourself.

This is a hideous photo that was taken yesterday and I was talking as Jenny took it but it shows my eyes. Now my eyelid is starting to droop....eeewwwww!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


My second blog book arrived and it is even more wonderful than the first one. More about that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Andie said...

Hooray, finally your second blog book. Happy Mothers Day!

I know you want your eye fixed for vanity reasons, but other road users would like you to get it fixed for other reasons!

Well done Lily.

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Way to go Lily! In the "lost in thought" photo, I could see my Maddy's face in a few years. I reminded me of her in so many ways and I can just imagine how she might look at Lily's age. :0)
Sorry about your eye. I'm still catching up on all your posts so I'm not certain what is wrong exactly but it looks like it hurts.

Vivian M said...

Congrats to Lily, what a great accomplishment. And I love her sense of imagination and humor!
Hope this new-old doctor can make your eye better. You are very beautiful, so don't worry so much about the vanity part- concentrate on being able to see your pretty daughters!

Tammie said...

Congrats to Lily on her awards! You & Jacob must be so proud of her. The pics are great!

I hope to hear soon that the new dr has a solution to your eye problem. Forget the vanity. You are already an awesomely beautiful person. Now we need to ensure that you can see those gorgeous girls of yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails