24 Nov 2008

Girls, girls and more girls.

That is what my weekend consisted of. We had a girl weekend.

On Saturday my friend Hollis and her mum bought her 3 girls down so that we could all go together to a Christmas Parade. We went out to lunch and then marked our spot for the parade. The girls just love being together and wouldn't have cared if the parade was cancelled just so long as they could play.

The parade was a hit with them. It is only very small but they got a few goodies thrown at them and they were happy. The weather was perfect as we have finally seen the mercury drop below 80 degrees. The second the parade ended we ran to a restaurant for dinner and got there just in time. Within minutes the lines were out the door. The girls enjoyed their strawberry and nutella crepes and then is was time to leave the swarms of people and head back here where we bid farewell to Hollis, Grace and Little Trevi because the big girls were spending the night.

Oh you can't imagine the shrieks of delight. Apparently a 15 minute car trip can make you very hungry so I fed them dinner and then they headed for the tub. All three of them squished into one tub....Rosie was banned as they feared she would pee. I took a very disgruntled Rosie to my bath tub and bathed her solo. After I put Rosie to bed we were able to get the party started, those were their words.

They played, made bracelets, did crafts, made Hama Bead designs, and made old fashioned fortune tellers out of paper, (they were the biggest hit) and generally had fun. At one point they wanted more food so they made their own ice cream sundaes, huge enormous things that should have made them sick. After that fuelling it was back to playing. Jacob came home at 11.15 and they were still going and seeing him raised the excitement level. After he had showered we suggested it was bed time. One of them fell asleep immediately but not the other 2 they were giggling until well past midnight. Once we were convinced they were asleep we crawled into bed ourselves. Before we knew it Rosie was up and followed mere minutes later by three others. We cooked the biggest breakfast I have ever seen and then they took off playing again.

Jacob took, Anlei, Joie and Lily to the park and I stayed with Rosie so that she could nap. I also showered and finally got out of my jammies. You cannot get anything done when you have 4 kids! Each one of them needs you all the time for something: showing you what they have made, asking you to help with something, asking that I tie Rosie up so she won't bother them, needing a drink, help doing ponytails, it is amazing. I guess if you have 4 all the time you get used to it and work things out but for me I was mesmerised!

Shortly after the girls came home from the park Hollis, Grace and Trevi arrived and we had lunch together here. And following lunch, yes you guessed it, more playing. Once it was time to leave it was quite sad. At one point Lily said, "It is impossible to choose a BFF out of you girls because I love you both so much." We did finally said our sad goodbyes. The girls don't know it but they will be back together very soon cos we are going to a Santa lunch together.

I had a great time with them all. It was fun, it was very tiring but most of all they loved it and they were so wonderful together. The only tough part was the morning. I do not do mornings, my girls know this but I had to jump up and smile and be happy for the others....I wasn't easy but I think they thought the cheerful persona was the real deal! Lily had her first sleepover at her house and she loved it. We must have done it right.

Waiting for the parade

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The Not So Little Mermaid

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Chinese dragon dancers

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Nutcracker

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Rosie couldn't believe her luck: Titty was there!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


This is Rosie with her "kit". This is what she needs to go to sleep.I thought thumb suckers just used their thumbs to comfort themselves not a whole inventory of supplies. We have to schlepp this lot wherever we go!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Yay, you survived the first sleep over! What fun, glad I still have a few years to go before this starts up in my house!
And Rosie is just too cute with all her plushies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails