22 Nov 2008

De-sensitization Therapy


Yesterday was Lily's allergy appointment. She wasn't able to have the venom testing done as she is still testing positive for the venom from last Sunday. They did quite a few tests on her and we ended up with 2 more Epi-pens and lots more information.

It looks as if she will have to have de-sensitization therapy. She will receive one shot a week for five frickin' years. At the end of the 5 years she will no longer be allergic to wasps, bees, ants or anything else that stings for that matter and she will remain that way for about 20 yrs. But I just don't know. Of course the alternative, anaphylactic shock isn't very appealing either. If any of you know anyone who has done this therapy I would love to hear from them.

It appears that Asians are very allergic but so to is the rest of the population now. I enjoyed talking with the doctor and feel that she really knows her stuff.

Hubbies fast driving time and the fact that we had good people with us when this happened saved Lily.

This is alot to digest right now and I am going to be looking into all the ways to treat this that I can find so feel free to leave a comment even if you only know someone who knows someone. I will take anything.

Off to prepare for a day with lots of friends and little girlies and to get ready for Lily's sleepover tonight. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Poor Lily. I hated my shots. To the point where I refused to continue them. Of course I was also an adult when I made the decision. To me they were a waste of my precious time. You wait to get in for the shot. You get the shot. And then you wait 20 minutes before they allow you to leave. Huh!? Oh yea, did they mention that part to you? They want to make sure you don't go into shock from the shot. So what should have been a 20 minute appointment now took a full 60 minutes from my life that I had to donate twice a week.

Of course I know that Lily will do exactly what she's told. And the shots will help her.

BTW, Erin made me play Rosie's chocolate video for her yesterday. I think she watched it about 5 times before I said "No more Rosie for you today." And she loved the pic of Lily in the box.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails