20 Sept 2008

Rectifying Complaints.

I received a phone call today to tell me that I am not posting enough! So here is my latest effort to bring everyone up to date.

First and foremost: Bye Andie, safe travels. We will miss you on Skype and can't wait for your return. Let us know what you want in your care package.

Second: Ann and Brian, thank you so much for the card. It was a lovely surprise. We are ready to have a healthy little girl and can't wait to see what changes will occur in her, post surgery.

Okay, onward. I have been busy. I am always busy. Life with 2 kids in bonkers but I love it. We are always running somewhere and doing something. Hopefully my bi-weekly visits to the eye doctor will be a thing of the past soon and Rosies visits to the various doctors should be slowing down also which will give us so much more time.

I came home from work on Wednesday and hubby met me at the door and said this, "MCHcalledtheywantedtoknowiftheycouldmoveRosiessurgeryuptothisFridayItoldthemno"
I looked at him and said, "What did you just say?"
Fortunately he actually stopped for a breath this time around and said that MCH had called and they wanted to change the date of surgery to this past Friday, he said no. He is ready for this to happen but he just wasn't able to let them change the date. He has it all figured out in his head and the idea of them messing with the date just made his brain get itchy. He will be fine. He will be very busy that day running to and from the hospital getting Lily to and from school and that sort of stuff so his mind will be occupied. Me, I am ready. I am looking forward to hearing that she is fine and can no longer be classified as a Special Needs child. As for the day of the event, well, who can look forward to something like that?

Lily has managed to go 7 straight days at school without receiving a yellow light for talking. We are very proud of her cos she is a natural chatterbox and she has had to work really hard to rein it in. I think that her bracelet helps her alot and it is starting to look really pretty. She was finally able to go to the treasure box on Friday and was so proud of herself. Lily's other big accomplishment comes on the riding front. She graduated 2 levels in the last 2 weeks and received two diplomas. I love watching her ride, she is just a natural. No fear,no qualms and no problem showing the horse who is boss. Here horse started to rear last week and she immediately showed him she was not having any of that. Her instructor is tough, very tough, she expects alot from Lily, nothing more than she is capable of but she wants 100% all the time and if Lily is slacking, Frenchie gives it to her! It truly is an amazing riding school.

Lily with her trusty stead


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Rose is growing and changing on a daily basis. Her severe fear of strangers is even starting to ebb a little. She tries to do everything herself and gets really cross if she can't. When Lily was little I often wondered if she would ever dress herself because she showed no interest in it whatsoever. One day she took her clothes from me and dressed herself all by herself. Nothing backwards, nothing crooked, everything perfect. This is Lily's trademark. She won't do anything until she can do it perfectly. I remember teaching her to tie her shoes, she wouldn't try she just watched and then about 4 months later she floored me when she came up to me to show me that she had tied her own shoes. Rosie would rather get mad and keep trying.

Notice anything wrong here?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


How about close up?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


She spends hours walking around with her shoes on the wrong feet and sometimes only wears one if she cannot get the other one on. Lily never and I honestly mean NEVER wore her shoes on the wrong feet. Everything I learnt with Lily needs to be thrown out and a whole new set of parenting skills needs to be learnt.

I initially thought Lily's love for Rosie was a honeymoon phase but I was wrong. Lily loves Rose and loves to teach and show her things.

Teaching Rose to count.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


After her bath Rose suffers from an ailment called crazy hair. She loves to look in the mirror and stare at the crazy hair.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Tonight after her bath Rosie hid behind the door and kept closing her eyes, it was side splitingly funny.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Every single night after the girls have had a bath I massage them. They both love it, who wouldn't but Rosie finds it necessary to stick her bottom in the air. It is really odd but I have to start with her botty and go from there and if she thinks I haven't spent enough time on it she flips back over and sticks it up in the air again.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


When I downloaded the photos tonight I came across these. Lily must have taken them cos I didn't but they are funny and I need to share them.
This I am aptly calling, Rosies mug shot

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Not sure what this is all about

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


My little gangster rapper.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


And last but by no means least, Rosie has been in our family for 7 months today. I am not sure where that scared, grieving little baby has gone because we now have her happy, content, toddler counterpart living in our house. The changes are mind boggling and the love she shares is heart stopping. Happy 7 month anniversary Qi Qi. we love you so much.

Good night.

2 comments:

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Dawn, I wanted to comment to say that I just love reading about Lily and Rosie. I've been thinking a lot about her here of late knowing her surgery is upcoming. I will definitely be thinking of and praying for her on the 29th. (it is still the 29th right!?) Maddy has her one year heart check up on the 30th. I hope everything looks ok with her two heart blocks she has been left with after her open heart surgery. Like your girls, Maddy keeps us hopping but I can't imagine life without her. Just this past Wednesday, it was our one year anniversary. Time goes so quickly once you are home with your sweet little ones as you well know.
Hugs,
Robin

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Great update Dawn!! I really enjoyed all he pics and video. Your girls have such personality and I love the devotion that Lily shows to Rosie. Their age difference is perfect for them!

Can't wait for Rosie's surgery to be behind her and a completely healthy life ahead of her (of course, you know that I knocked and bit my tongue :)

Love you
me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails