14 Sept 2008

Autumn Moon Festival

Today we celebrated the Autumn Moon festival. I am embarrassed to admit this but I completely forgot about it this year and I failed to decorate the house with all of our lanterns that we bought in China. We do have mooncakes though and we did take the girls out for a Chinese meal to celebrate the event.

Lily was very upset when she realised the house wasn't decorated. We read the "Story of Hou Yi and Chang E and the Legend of the Jade Rabbit". Not only had we failed to decorate the house but we also failed to buy our helium balloons so after dinner this evening Jacob went dashing out to find helium balloons and of course he didn't disappoint. Once Lily had her balloon she wrote a note to her birth parents and attached it to the balloon. We stepped outside and bowed to the moon. Only the females in the family are allowed to bow so Jacob waited for us inside and then he joined us and Lily released her balloon.

This was Lily's note:

Dear Birthparents.
I hope you never forget me, I will never forget you.
Love from your child,
Lily.

It made me cry and so did the conversation that followed the balloon release. She is getting bigger and is starting to understand more and more about her story. She did say, after we had finished talking, that if her parents hadn't given her to us then we wouldn't be a family and that would be bad.
It would be worse than bad.

Ready For Dinner. Rosie did not like wearing this outfit. I wondered if it was itchy cos she had a fit and kept yanking her skirt off.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


My sensitive girl all ready to send her birthparents a little note.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


All set.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

3 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time under the Harvest Moon but boy that note from Lily to her birthparents sure made me tear up. Big time lump in my throat with that one.

Steffie B. said...

OMW Dawn......Lily's note brought tears to my eyes!

Steffie B. said...

BTW....thinking about doing the book my blog....do you love your book???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails