28 Sept 2008

My Stress-ometre

Tomorrow is the big day and I think we are ready to head to the hospital. We have to be there at 0-dark hundred hour, so I will head out early with Rosie and then after Jakey drops Lily at school he will race to the hospital and fingers crossed he will be able to see her before she goes under. Many of you have sent offers of help and we truly appreciate them but Lily will need us tomorrow as much as Rosie will so hopefully we can pull off everything ourselves. If we do need you we WILL call. We thought that my father and Jeanne were going to be with us but this cannot be.

I have a birthmark on my neck, it is red and large but not solid just kind of specky. Apparently my grandma had the same one and since I loved my Grandma with all my heart I think it is wonderful to share this quirk. Anyhoo, I don't think about it and don't notice it anymore, it is just a part of me. I never put make up on to cover it as that isn't me. My friend Fran just sent me an email that had me laughing out loud. We met when she was a patient at the Doc's where I used to work and since I was working my hair was always pulled up. We became friends and she commented one time on my neck and how sometimes it is really obvious and sometimes not so much. I explained to her that if I am stressed, or excited it gets really big and red. In her email she said, "I am sure your neck is a nice crimson read and don't worry about your eye being deformed people probably wont even notice it cos they will be to busy staring at your neck". Thanks Frany, you made me laugh which at this stage is a great thing.

Are we nervous? Yes we are. I am not worried about the procedure just the trauma that Rosie will have to undergo. But we will all suck it up and in less than 24hrs our little girl will be classified as "Normal". Now that is a wonderful thing and worth having a neck that is bright red for!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


We will try to contact everyone tomorrow and it will be probably be an email. If we have a chance and can get wireless at the hospital I might just post it here instead.

Again, thank youu for all of your happy thoughts, good vibes and prayers. This little one has love coming in from all over the world and we know she will be just fine.

3 comments:

taffyman said...

Hi There, We hope all goes well tomorrow. Know that we will be thinking about you here in Orlando. Deb, Brian and Hannah

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Love you guys and cannot wait to hear that everything is fine. I will be thinking of you and sending all the postive energy in my being to your sweet Rosie for an easy procedure and a swift recovery.

Huge hugs from Lori and Co.

colin said...

love to all of you from cambridge. yes dawn have finally gotten into ur blog. received ur message on the phone but have been in london for 50th birthday party.So here i am in regular contact again and it did not cost a penny.Ho ho. Thinking of you all.Love colin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails