29 Sept 2008

Rosie Is Mended. UPDATED

Just a brief note to let everyone know that the surgery is done and Rosie is fine. We were able to hold her and stay with her right until she went to sleep and she is now in recovery. They had to use 2 coils as one alone could not do the job.

I will update later.

Everyone here at Miami Children's Hospital have been wonderful.

Love from, 2 very relieved parents and one big sister.

We were told this morning that we should be able to go home today however that didn't happen so we are here for the night. Rosie is doing very well. She didn't do to well coming out of the anaesthesia so they immediately sedated her and when she came to that time she was much better. She ate a huge amount for dinner and is now asleep. It is so odd to see her attached to all of these wires and the first time her heart monitor went off I nearly needed one but I am used to it now as it literally goes off every few minutes whilst she is awake.
Since I think this will be a sleepless night I am going to go and take a nap while all is quiet. I am sure just as I fall asleep that bloody heart monitor will start screeching.
As a final note: the staff here are truly fabulous. A whole lot better than the ones in the cardiologists office.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank God! We are so relieved and happy!

Love,

Jen, Ed, and Ebby

Jeanne said...

With a name like Min we knew she would be just fine but we are so thankful to MCH. God Bless - All our love from Daddy and Jeanne xxxx

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Thanks goodness!! I have been thinking of Rosie and you guys so much today. I am so happy that you let us know.

Please give Rosie a gentle hug from us.

Love
me and the rest of my crazy crew :)

PS Don't forget about my standing offer of assistance. I am at your disposal!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Dawn, I was so glad to come home and read that Rosie is doing fine. I will continue to pray for healing and good post surgical results.!!

Blessings

Dannye said...

so very glad the surgery went well....we were praying for Rosie and the gang all day today!!

We love you guys!!

-Dannye

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You are such a great Mama; so loving. I am sending you all kinds of positive energy that Rosie feels all that love and rests as easy as possible tonight.

Hugs
me

Andie said...

Thank goodness that's over now. I hope she wasn't too much of a handful, I can't imagine her putting up with monitoring very easily.

I hope you all got a good nights sleep and that you get home as soon as possible.

Lots of Love Andie

colin said...

may your god walk with you.all our love colin and jon

ann said...

I'm so very happy for you all. our prayers have been answered and Rosie is over the worst.Uncle John sends his love . love from Brian and Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails