15 Jul 2008

Updates

Yesterday was our 6th month post placement visit with our social worker. One of the reasons that we have not moved out of this area yet is because of this lady. She is a phenomenal SW and we just love her. She has known us since 1999 and was genuinely thrilled to meet Rosie yesterday. So, the visit should have gone really well but alas, not so. Lily decided yesterday to exhibit behaviour that is rarely seen in her. Translation: she was an absolute brat from start to finish....arghhhh. After Barbara left Jacob sent Lily to her room and she spent the remainder of the day there. That is a first for her and as much as I would like it to be the last I suppose this is just the beginning. Today her manners are impeccable and her attitude, as sweet as honey. The SW was very impressed with Rose but we won't know much until we get the report back in a couple of weeks. Wish us luck.

Rosie Posie is feeling much better. She finally started to eat again yesterday and this is the first day she hasn't had a temperature. She really looked pathetic with her big black circles and her red eyes. She had no energy whatsoever and needed to be held constantly. It was so sad. Now she appears to catching up on all the sleep she missed.

As for me. I woke up 5 weeks ago looking like this. If you are squeamish look away. I have Iritis again.



Last week things were not going well and my eye pressure was so high that the Dr. was concerned about permanent damage to my optic nerve. In fact his actual words were, "Oh Sh*t". I love this man and he has dealt with my eye for 10 years and knows that when I get this I always get bad cases of it. He changed all my meds and yesterdays visit was better. The pressure is back to normal, my vision has improved but it is still to early to tell if there is any permanent damage. It appears that all good news comes with a catch and yesterday catch was that the virus is now worse than last week because these meds are not so good and my eyeball is drying up. The doc told me to look straight ahead and then literally poked me in the eye, twice! I told him that wasn't very nice and he told me not to complain cos he was having a bad day. (he has a great sense of humour and when I am dealing with this stuff I need someone who can make me laugh cos (a) it hurts and (b) it is just a general pain.) He explained that by poking me like that my eye should have produced massive amounts of tears but it didn't. I have so many eyedrops I think my brain is water logged and I am on massive amounts of steroids and the side effects are starting to rear their ugly heads. I have spots....yuck, I tell you. I never had spots as a teenager and I really don't need them now. Lily keeps looking and saying things like....eeewww. Very helpful.

There is a large tree between our house and our neighbours and this morning I was in the kitchen and I heard a funny noise,. I looked outside and a very large branch from the tree was in our garden. The kidlets were fascinated by it. There fascination was short lived because with 2 hours it had been chopped up and removed.

This was a fun filled post wasn't it I bet you are just thrilled that you stopped by.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

Oh dear....I hope your eye situation gets under control. Sounds horrible....I am totally fine with WACAP now, just waiting to hear if India approves us and in the mean time my agency finally announced the shared list program. So.....I may have some huge decisions ahead of me! Sh*t is right!
Hugs,
S*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails