18 Jul 2008

The Horses Mouth And Teeth

Little Miss Rosie is, how shall I put this politely, deficient in the tooth department. By 24 months most kids have all their teeth but at 17 months Miss Rose has her 2 uppers, and 4 lowers. I expected a tooth to erupt as she had been a little cranky and was drooling and biting on anything that would fit in her mouth so each day I would check the upper gums for any sign of new life. There was nothing new or so I thought. Yesterday she was laying across my legs with her head all the way back and I saw something at the very back of her mouth so I put my finger in to retrieve this foreign object only to find it is her molar ??? This oddball kidlet has 2 front teeth and now a huge enormous molar. Anyone else have kiddos who have managed to sprout their teeth in no particular order? Let me know please.

Lily had riding lesson number 2 yesterday. She galloped! Yes you read that right she galloped and at the end of her lesson, which for some reason ran over 2 hours, they were given a freestyle session and Lily kicked the horse like mad and made that poor old equine run and I mean run! She loves it. She nearly fell at one point but regained her balance, I on the other hand didn't regain mine for about 20 minutes. Her hands were raw towards the end and she rode over to me and asked if her time was nearly up cos they were so sore. I will now go to the, "Yeehaw Feed and Supply" store and get her some riding gloves. I have been informed by the very informed and knowledgeable, Franymag, that the reason Lily isn't wearing "proper" riding garb is because she is learning Western style riding and not English. She will be learning English very soon but she still only has to wear jeans. They are put on Western saddles to begin with so that they can attach seat belts to them. I was told yesterday by 2 people that Lily appears to be a natural rider. Well guess what? Lily appears to be a natural at all she tries so the idea of her heading to a competition didn't really surprise me. But let me tell you , the idea does not thrill me.

The videos this week are really short. Sorry about that.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I just realised that I didn't get a decent shot of her galloping, I think I was a little dumb struck. She takes off in this video but "Latin Fire" wasn't cooperating.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


One very tired girl after being in the saddle for 2 hours. The lesson was only meant to be an hour but Frenchie just kept going. Once we got home Lily ate enough food to sustain an army. She was famished, hot, and tired. I thought this would be the case so I had everything prepped and ready to go before we left and even turned the air down in the house so that when we got home she would feel nice and cool.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails