1 Apr 2008

1 Month Home

What a difference a month can make!
One month ago today at 3.55am we walked through our front door. We were ending one journey and starting another one. We were so happy to be here. When we walked through the front door with Lily a few years back it was as if she knew she was home. She instantly came to life and literally ran from room to room shrieking. Not so with Rose.

Rose was very insecure and didn't "feel" that this was the place we were meant to be. She remained that way for a another 10 days or so and then in her own sweet time she came to accept all of the changes. Now we have no idea where that timid, grieving little girl has gone because she has been replaced with the "Wildchild". She had a nickname in the orphanage and if we called her that she would always respond, she doesn't anymore. It is sad really to think that she is forgetting who she was. We won't let her forget it all, we want her to be proud of being Chinese and to be very proud of where she came from. I still speak the little bit of Chinese that I know to her and so does Lily. She understands it, which in itself is amazing cos I don't sound at all Chinese when I speak. LOL


It is just amazing how much our children can accept and process in such a short amount of time. I swear if I had to go through half of what my girls have gone through I would be in therapy for years. Rose is now the sister to Lily that Lily dreamt of for 3 years. They are an act together, they play, they laugh and they chat. Rose now talks constantly. My father call this type of babble, talking scribble and I think that is the perfect summation of it. She has decided that walking might be a good idea and in the last few days she has really been trying hard to get from point A to point B in an upright position. I have still yet to catch it on film because I stand next to her cheering her on and then when I think of the camera she is once again in a seated position.

She knows what she wants and how to go about getting it. She has given us so much and I hope that we can give to her all that she deserves by being outstanding parents to her. This is my goal for both girls. Since Rose entered our lives even the laundry has got cuter. Have you seen how tiny weiny her socks are? It is hard to find laundry boring when you are folding such adorable things.

To both girlies, I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for being mine/ours. You make my heart and soul want to burst with love.

10 comments:

Beckyb said...

What a great post - and HOW TRUE!!! They are so resilient!!

3D said...

A month already! Time flies.

Such lovely sentiments.

Keep smilin!

PIPO said...

Awww...what a sweet post. You just made me all misty, mama!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Are you kidding me?? It's been a month already. Where does the time go. Amazing how fast the time passes on this side of referral isn't it!!

Congrats. That Rosie is one cutie patootie!

Briana's Mom said...

Love it! Happy one month!

Tammie said...

Happy One Monthaversary!!

Nikki said...

I cannot believe it has already been a month since you've been home!
Time DOES fly when you're having fun...we are coming up on three years with Lily!

Loved this post on your sweet girls, but then again, I love all your posts.
XO

Snowflowers Mum said...

We've been home a week tomorrow...just reading your post gave me chills.

lovely post!

Shawnstribe said...

Dawn, how awesome to be home a month and see somany changes!!!!
love from across the pond
xxx
s

Anonymous said...

All fools day over here,Love you to bits.
B.B

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails