22 Mar 2008

Updates

Rose went back to the pediatrician yesterday for her 2 week check up and the Dr. was shocked at the changes in her. She has gained 8oz's which may not sound like much but if you were as tiny as her it would be like gaining 10lbs. Her skin tone has changed, she knows who she wants to be with and doesn't want to be with for that matter, she jabbered away to the doc' and even tried to walk across the office. Our pediatrician is completely on board with the cardiologists decision to not x-ray her chest until she goes for surgery and pointed out that now she has a little fat on her body it isn't as noticeable. She had to have 2 more shots which she found utterly disdainful but she is now 100% caught up and we don't have to go back for another 2 months unless something quirky shows up in her lab tests which is highly unlikely.

Off on a tangent here so bare with me: we give all the credit in the world to Rosies orphanage for raising such a healthy and happy little girl. Sure she is a tad little but that could be just her. She is incredibly healthy and is having no problems at all adjusting to her new life. She is a Half The Sky baby and it really shows. This is a truly incredible organisation and every year since we bought Lily home she has participated in a sponsored walk to raise money for them. Funny how things work out as some of the money she has raised could have gone to directly help her baby sister.

Tangent, part deux: When you choose your pediatrician make sure it is someone that you like. Someone who is personable and gives you answers and doesn't blow you off. They need to be familiar with adopted children and most importantly they need to have a bedside manner with the kids. I don't mean someone who sits and shots the breeze with you but someone who genuinely shows an interest. When I chose Lily's ped' I interviewed her and she seemed wonderful but when it came to dealing with Lily she was abrupt and downright stern. This doesn't help anyone. I put up with this until this year and all because I felt a sense of loyalty to her because she is married to a friend of mine but after talking to other parents I switched to a client of mine and her whole philosophy is different. In the beginning this person will be there for you as much as for you child so you have to click, so to speak. I love this new office and of course Barbara makes the biggest difference. I went to China with her cellphone number. Tangent over.

We have been up to our usual antics here in Casa Del Cope and I have pictures to prove it.
Decorating the Easter Eggs.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Lily's smile just brightens my day.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Rosie has the cheekiest smile I have ever encountered....we are in trouble.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


After they were done decorating and in Rosies case, throwing eggs we went and played dress up.

Blondes appear to truly have more fun


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Me looking alot like a hooker!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Now it is Rosies turn to be blond. She is under there somewhere, honest.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Rosie didn't like being blond but found brunette to be more she style.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Yes we are mad but don't bother calling our SW she is fully aware of it and actually reads our blog!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Bunny couldn't be left our either but he was not blonde material.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


All that silliness makes you hot and sweaty so a much needed bath was in order. I think this is Rosies favourite time of day. I always put her on a little stool while I get Lily in and sorted out and then I put her in too. She looks so pathetically forlorn whilst she waits.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


But things perk up once she hits the wet stuff!

9 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh my goodness; there is way too much cuteness in this post! Those wig and bath shots are too sweet. Your girlies are amazing. I better meet them soon or you are gonna be persona non grata..LOL

Ani said...

Just catching up... too much cuteness going on in your house!

I love Rosie's little belly... she is just precious.

Glad to hear all is going well at home. Happy Easter.

The Thomas Clan said...

Oh my, I nearly wet myself. You as the hooker and little Rosie with the wig - smashing!
Catching up on all the blog entries - haven't been posting lately, single motherhood keeps me running in all directions.
Love to the family.
Emma

Vivian M said...

How I wish I could see the pictures!
Have a wonderful Easter and may peace and joy reign in your home this holiday and all year long!

Andie said...

I just love the way that Rosie can't work out how to get off the stool, I'm sure that won't last for long!

redmaryjanes said...

I am glad that Rose is doing so well. I have actually requested a pediatrician who different from the one who cares for our 3 sons. There is one in our office who has a son adopted from Taiwan and has been very supportive of us and I have asked that he be Sophia's pediatrician. They worked it out in the office and he has agreed to be her doctor.

Tammie said...

I love playing dressup here! Erin plays a quick change artist often. Her favorite outfit? The pink power ranger of course!

The cuteness is way over the top here. I love it!

I'm pleased to hear how well Rosie is doing. BTW, I agree with your theory on peds.

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

OMG.. I love those "blonde" pictures. What absolute fun, fun, fun!

I need to find myself a pediatrician I like too. I love our family doctor, we go to church with her but I'm not so sure how I like her as my ped.

Hope to call you this week. Last week as deplorable! We are in the same time zone so I'll call after 8.

Ann said...

The cuteness is almost too too much for my aching heart!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails