15 Jan 2008

Waiting, Awards and More Love

Today the UPS guy delivered the BIG envelope from our agency. This is the one that requires your final payment and the one that contains every single last form under the sun. We spent an hour signing, dating and initialling papers before I shot out to the notary to get everything made official. This is it for us, the paperwork on this side of the Atlantic is done now we get the next heap handed to us once we are in China.. This must mean we are close. And if we are so close, where, oh where, is our TA???? I rang our agency cos I had a few (read loads and loads) of questions and I asked if they had any idea when we would get it and she said, "I am not sure but I have a really good feeling about it". What does that mean? I suddenly remembered that RQ posts about expected deliveries so I clicked on her site and nothing, zilch, butkus! If anyone hears any rumours about expected arrival of SN, TA's PLEASE let me know. I am going a little nutty here. We are ready to go. Everything is done. The baby's clothes are already in baggies and ready to hit the suitcase. Lily has a new carry on and it is partially packed. I am ready to go. I have even made out the shopping list for our friend who is going to be staying here while we are gone so that she can get some necessary grocery items for us before we return. Yes, I am type-A, I am a list maker and I am ready....I think I might have said that already.

Onward we must trek. We received more love in the mail yesterday from
these two. Before I could get a photo of Lily and her loot she had dismantled the box and was playing with gusto with her new Asian Doll complete with hair accessories. She loves it and loves playing with the dolls hair. I was able to snap this shot of the cute little onesie for Rosie. On the front it says: I love my Daddy and on the bum is a little heart that says: and he loves me too. These little burp cloths rock....I have never seen them before. Thank you Dannye, Ray and Freckles you are so kind and we love them. Dannye, Chynna better like shopping! We also received a gift from Nannis but I didn't take pictures of those either. Thank you Nannis, only you could find a ladybird sippee cup.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This should have been a bullet post cos it is jumping all over the place like a cat on a hot tin roof.
Lily's school offers lots of various awards that the kids can earn. The most prestigious of these being the Student Of The Month award. Lily has never earned it, she has earned others but not this much coveted one. She is a good student and does very, very well but I think she can do alot more than she does and consequently she never receives the award. We never put any pressure on her to get it and tell her that if she wants it she must work really hard for it. Enough said. Today when I picked her up she flew out of the school gate like a rat from and aqua duct and showed me a ring she had received from the treasure box. I looked at the gaudy, offensive thing and gushed about how gorgeous it was and asked her why she got to go to the treasure box. Well, those were the words she was waiting for. Her reply was, "I am student of the Month". She nearly burst with pride as she told me and I nearly burst with pride too. My eyes started to "sweat" and I hugged her so tight. She is so proud of herself and we are really proud to. She wanted it, she worked for it and she got it. We had to ring every relative that we have and then we went out for ice cream to celebrate. Jacob's eyes got a bit sweaty too when she told him. Tonight she said "this is nearly the best day of my life but Rosie is my best day but this nearly is". How sweet she is.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


As for the burnt chin. She is fine it wasn't serious so no need to ring the social workers! We put ice on it and then some medicine and she barely had a mark.....I promise. But now she seems to have made it worse.

I took this photo tonight when we were sitting together on the couch. She wasn't expecting it hence the very startled expression. I love it.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

18 comments:

La-La-Liene said...

Dawn,

I am so sorry I've been out of the loop for so long. I haven't been able to keep up with everyone's blogs including my own!

I just wanted to say congrats on your new daughter. She is absolutely beautiful and although it's hard not to be jealous, I am also very, very happy for your entire family - especially Lily as I know she's been wanting a sister for so long!!!

I promise I'll try to do a better job keeping up with you and your journey to Rosie!

3D said...

That is great!! Congrats Miss Student of the Month!

Hope you hear some TA news soon.

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

See, Lily has the right idea...you're going to China "in a little bit of days"...I KNOW you are ready to get your Rosie!

Love the goodies the girls got from Dannye, Ray, and Freckles! They are SO sweet!

Congratulations to Lily on her wonderful award - My eyes would get sweaty over that one too.
Love to watch her on video - she is just too cute for words.
XO

Tammie said...

Lily,
Congratulations on being Student of the Month! You must have worked awfully hard to achieve that!

Dawn,
I'm sure you're packed & ready to go get Rosie. We received Erin's referral on April 1st. I was packed & ready to go April 3rd. Of course, we didn't get to leave till May 30th so I ended up packing & repacking a few times. Being a Type A, I had anything & everything you could have imagined!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lily.Love Uncle Colin xx

Snowflowers Mum said...

Type A...I have no idea what you are talking about...(but just in case, we should compare notes)

Congrats to sweet Lily, I love the 'in a ittle bit of days' thing. Piper keeps telling people "we're going to get my sister Paisley tomorrow"...which of course is not true, we still dont have LOA. ugh. I suspect your TA will be here pretty soon!

Hayley

Hayley

Pug Mama said...

crossing my fingers and toes for your TA.
and cheers to your Student of the Month!!!!

Vivian M said...

Congratulations Lily on achieving Student of the Month! That's awesome!
And as for going to China in a few days, when I heard Lily say that on the video I got goose bumps...has it sunken in yet?
Wishing for your TA to arrive today!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

UGH.. hoping and praying for a TA very, very soon!

Congrats to sweet Lily on her student of the month award! :0)

Janet said...

CONGRATS to Lily!!!!!!!!! That is so adorable and wonderful!

Also, my eyes would ....ahem...."sweat" too.....LOL!

Carol said...

Congratulations! I found you thru Buckeyes....Lily is a doll.....
You must be over the moon....

I know TA is the world's longest wait it seems.....so hard to wait with that precious photo.....

PIPO said...

All good stuff...save the chin owie on your lovely student of the month!

Hey, I'm about ready to go TA hunting for you. I'm getting ants in my pants.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Dear Lily:

My mommy told us that you are student of the month and we wanted to let you know that we are so proud of you. I don't think that we have ever met a student of the month before. Well, that is unless you count our big brother, Justin but that happened so long ago he probably does not remember it at all.

We hope that when we get as big as you that we make our mommy as proud as you have made your mommy.

Huge hugs,

Katie Starr and Ethan (Fishman) W.
P.S. We are meeting on Sunday at 12:30 at our special eating place :) Please come meet Ethan.

redmaryjanes said...

Hang in there honey! I just can't wait to see little Rose!! It will all work out.

Patricia/NYC said...

CHEERS, Miss "Student of the Month" Lily!! Way to go!!

ANd I do hope your chinny-chin-chin feels better!!

My goodness, Lily has the greatest laugh! :)

insanemommy said...

You are so close to finally holding your baby in your arms. Forever.

Hugs.

Steffie B. said...

This was a good post....i feel all warm and fuzzy now.......NOW!!!!! where is that TA???????

Shawnstribe said...

Thinking of you Dawn
and surely thisTA is on its way!!!!
will send some prayers up see : )
love from the UK
xxx
s

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails