12 Jan 2008

Feeling The Love

I didn't mean to alarm anybody by not posting for a few days. I have no idea what has kept me away from the computer other than everyday stuff and running around. But all is well we are all fine and just in case you were wondering we are still waiting for our TA.

In my absence lots of lovely things have happened. Yesterday as I went to pick up Schnoog from school, Arthur, our really lovely mailman stopped me to say he had a package. After we accosted him everyday for the video of Rosie he announces packages or lack thereof when he sees us, it is so funny. I had no idea who could have sent us something. I was sure I wasn't waiting for something I had ordered so when he handed me something from Canada, I was totally surprised.

Inside were these, along with a sweet card.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


These
2 bloggers are unbelievable. Doris and Dan, thank you so much and yes it is amazing that we have 2 beautiful daughters.Look at all those Bunnies on Rosie's jim jams. They are the sweetest, softest P.J.s and we love them. Lily loves her shirt and we thank you for thinking of her too. Her life is about to change a smidge and your kindness just helps to make the change a whole lot easier.

The rest of the love was all about this blog. It is award time of year again.....no writers strikes here in Bloggerville. I could write about how I never knew quite what I was getting into when I started blogging or how many fabulous people I have met through it and in some cases, not met, just feel as if I have but I won't write about all that because we all know it and all feel the same way.



My first award is the, "Blogging With Purpose Award". It was sent to me from April over at the
Road to Siji.
Thank you April. I am not sure I deserve this as I am not sure what purpose Eggrolls and Chopsticks serves. April says it makes her laugh. That's good enough for me, my life makes me laugh too and I am grateful for that. Can I call myself a trophy wife now that I have a trophy of sorts???



The guidelines that accompany this award:
1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to the original entry.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to Eric Novak's site.

Since I haven't been blogging for a few days it would appear that I missed my window of opportunity to pass this award along to 5 people of my choosing who haven't already received it. So I shall probably be breaking all the rules when I list my five.

Stress Is The New Black. My friend Lori and her dynamic duo. Lori always keeps it real. Her blog tells it like it is and there are alot of laughs to be found in that arena along with some true mummy moments that just make you want to shed a tear. Lori's was the first blog I ever read and without hers I would not have mine.

2 Kayaks. K1 and K2 are some of the kindest, gentlest people who I have "never" met. They blog from the heart and sometimes of late life has dealt them some wicked blows but they always stand up and dust themselves off with such grace and decorum we could and should all learn from them.

3D's adoption journey. Doris and Dan are more of my faves. These 2 know how to enjoy chocolate and life in general. This road that we travel that appears to have no end but Doris always manages to get back up and plod along. Plus they party like I wish I could and truly love life.

Buckeyes and Eggrolls. This is one of my faves also but this one holds a special place in my heart as it was the adorable Miss Maddy that made Jacob and I realise that we needed to take another look at the SN program and you all know what happened when we did that!

And finally, and these are in no particular order:
The Seventh Diamond. If there are angels in blogland RMJ is one of them. RMJ is a truly special person who just gives so much of herself daily to all of us. Thank you RMJ.

Onward to award numero dos.



Steffie, awarded me the "Daily Dose" award.Thank you Steffie and right back at you. I should be half as graceful and eloquent as you! This award goes to blogs that you just have to read everyday. Ummm, isn't that all of them on your blogroll?
My picks for these are my entire blogroll but I recently updated it and added a few newbies that I found and they include:

Life With Kerri Everyday it is another tale of life with Kerri and her life is so full. They used to live down here with us but we never met. Now that she lives in the freezing North, well Canada I follow her. Go figure!

On Being Erin's Mother. We met Tammie and Erin in October and I have followed her blog ever since. This is real life. Real life funny.We share the same reality which is life with a 5 yr old. Just the daily stuff and I have to read it daily!

Tuininga Treasures. Janet and her brood are a riot.

You see I like the funny ones. The ones that tell it like it is. All of you in my blogroll are blogs I read otherwise they wouldn't be there. Sometimes we cry, sometimes we laugh but we can always count on each other.

I cannot finish this without giving a shout out to i-con. Her and her blog.....ROCK.

This is the longest post I have EVER written. But you already know that since you had to read it....sorry.

14 comments:

Vivian M said...

Thanks for the award! I am honored to be included with some amazing bloggers. By the way, the feeling is mutual. It stinks I had to move away to find some really nice people down South! I love following your blog too.
If I ever get permission to leave, I look forward to finally meeting you all in person and introducing you to Kerri!

Nikki said...

ALWAYS good to hear from you, Dawn.
As you may have noticed - you are DEFINITELY one of my faves (my daily dose, if you will)...you were one of the first gals I "met" here and I've been hooked ever since.
I have adored hearing all about your beautiful, funny, quirky, fun family of three and am SOOO excited to meet your fourth family member.
XO

3D said...

Thx for the nom. My days are better for knowing you and seeing all the fun you have.

I am so happy that you like them. It took a really long time...I mailed it before Christmas!

Keep smilin!

Patricia/NYC said...

You are oh so deserving of these awards!! I MUST have my "Daily Dose" of Eggrolls & Chopsticks! And your purpose?? Well...you're Hubei Honey has 2 years over mine & thanks to your great blog, I know what's coming!! ;)

Shawnstribe said...

Hi Dawn
we live in the UK, im from Brasil, Hubby from England : )
came across your blog and wanted to say Hi : )
We've been home nearly 5 weeks with our baby, and its so awesome, we cant wait to follow your journey
love
Shawn
(mom to Aila Mei )
www.thetomlinsontribegrows.blogspot.com

Janet said...

THANKS! I love your blog too! ANd I love the others you have chosen, most of which I read ALL the time! I will do my awards sooooon! :-)

Have a great Sunday tomorrow!

HUGS! (And one for Lily, 'cause she's just tooooooo cute!)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hey Lady:

Thanks for the nod. Turnabout is fair play :)

Come see what I mean.

Huge hugs!

day by day said...

This is the first time I am visiting your blog, so just want to say "hi". Your Rosie is so adorable and I hope that TA comes soon!
Have a great week-end!!

Eric Novak said...

Hello I am the owner of the Blogging with a Purpose Award. Just so that it doesn't get messed up can you please link the award back to my site?

The URL is http://www.ericnovak.com

Eric Novak

PIPO said...

Smooch, baby!

Here I was going to point the finger at you with my post and I was beaten to it!

Thanks for the kudos :0) I often thing 'the rock' is only in my head ;0)

Doris is a world-class love. She is truly one of those people one may want to clone if we could!

redmaryjanes said...

Thank you so much. I just love what you said, it touched my heart and made me smile. Doris and Dan are darlings and I love their gifts. I cannot wait until Rosie is home.

Tammie said...

Thank you! It was certainly a fortuitous afternoon when we bumped into each other at the Halloween party. I remember thinking that the little bride was so cute. Who are her parents?

Well, it seems that they're on my Daily Dose list!

insanemommy said...

I can't wait to know when you are traveling!!! I'll be back....

Steffie B. said...

Oh girl...I think you've written a few longer ones! lol ;) Have a great week.....um.....I'm kinda needing a video of Miss Lil....could you pull something together please???? Make her perform so I can have a good giggle????? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails