8 Jan 2008

Much Yipping










I am being really impatient waiting for our TA. I know it is utterly stupid but I want to go to China NOW. Each day our little girl gets bigger and bigger and I want to be there to see her grow, I know I have the rest of her life but PLEASE send me a TA.


We received word this morning that all our papers are in China and we should receive word in about 3 weeks so that brings us to the end of January and then it is Chinese New Year....fa la la la la, so then it is the end of February and the consulate might be backed up from CNY. Sigh.







So whats a mother to do? Retail therapy, that's what! I have been shopping, we have been shopping and I have been shopping some more. After all that shopping I feel lots better. We still have a few things to get for her but everything is coming together nicely.







We sent our passports off for the visa's yesterday and today I received a phone call to say I had over paid. Apparently if you hold a British passport the visa is markedly cheaper than if you hold an American one. God Save The Queen!







We put together the pushchair that my folks bought for us this summer and it is one cool ride. Lily has been using it to get Bunny from one place to the next. No, I don't have photos but I will. I have also been buying the knick knackerea that we will have to take with us and even though it is still very early I have no idea how people manage to fly to China to bring home their babies with only carry on luggage. Mind you I cannot go away for the weekend carry on only.

So that does it. I haven't had much time to blog as I have been a good girl and done my taxes! Yes, you read correctly, I have everything organised, itemised and ready to drop off at the accountant once hubby gets his forms in the mail! This is actually quite earth shattering news. Anyway now that they are done, I can go and catch up with all of you.

12 comments:

3D said...

I keep hoping to see TA exploding all over your blog. Soon! Can not wait for that day.

Keep smilin!

April said...

Holidays are wonderful, but they sure do cause problems. I'm hoping the 3 weeks is just an overstatement. I know we were told that our LID might take 3-4 weeks and we might not know about it for 2 months, but we got logged in 2 days later and notified the next day. So with that said that is my hope for you. Little Rosie needs her mum.

Check out my blog. I have awarded you "Blogging with Purpose" award.

Dannye said...

I keep checking your blog to see if TA has arrived, and I want you to know, your phone will be ringing when I see you got it!! I'll have to tell you in person how excited I am that you guys will finally be going to China to bring that Rosie home!! This is so utterly exciting it gives me the chills!!!

Vivian M said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. You don't need my permission, and I apologize that I did not ask. I am assuming it is ok, but please let me know if otherwise.
We cannot wait to hear you have TA. And I cannot believe you have your taxes done...sheesh. You will be packed and ready to go by this weekend at this rate!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

UGH.. come on TA.. what is taking so long!!??

I can't believe you already have all your tax stuff ready. We've only received two forms so far but nothing from our jobs yet. I've got everything else ready to go though.

Can't wait to see all your shopping buys!

Judy said...

Hoping to see your TA news soon!! Congrats on having your tax stuff ready. Our stuff is all ready in my head but I haven't placed a single piece of paper together in a file. You've inspired me:-)

Judy

Janet said...

That is so funny, that you call a stroller a "pushchair". Tee hee. I'm laughing WITH you, not at you....(grin)

Tammie said...

I'm sorry but I think I read that you got your tax info organized!? Holy cow! You're my hero!

Now that the joking is over, I hope I see TA on your blog soon!

PIPO said...

I'd be having ants in my pants awaiting TA too!

I am very impressed that you are all taxed out so early into the year. I'm still waiting for all the hoohah I need to file.

C'mon TA before this woman shops out the southern states!

Steffie B. said...

Good for you.....I know this waiting is super hard as well. Stop by my blog cuz I just love you so much! *wink*

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I know I am going to see that TA on your blog soon! Mine took 2 weeks from LOA and I have a great feeling about yours.

Call me soon so we can chat it up.

Nikki said...

Just dropping by to say "hi"...been thinkin' about you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails