25 Jan 2008

Biting The Bullet.....Post

  • We now have our consulate appointment. We were hoping for February 25th but that wasn't available so we have Feb 27. Two days does not a difference make to us. We have the appointment and that is what counts.
  • We hoped that today we would be able to finalise all of our travel plans but we didn't get any news from our agency so we can't do it and our representative is off on Monday so it will be Tuesday before we can book our flights. I am sort of glad for the extra day of limbo as the reality of everything is overwhelming. One side of my brain can't wait to get there and the other side can't believe we are so close when we have been waiting for so long. I must have lots of different personalities cos right now they are all talking to each other.
  • Every one keeps telling me that we will need hats and scarves in Beijing. Well that isn't a problem for Jakey and Schnoog but it is a huge problem for me. I DO NOT wear hats. I had to wear a hat as part of my school uniform and I swore I would never ever wear a hat again and I haven't. I detest them but I detest my ears getting frozen off of my head even more so maybe wisdom will out way stubbornness. Tomorrow we will shop for winter gear and we will see whether or not wisdom prevails.
  • Lily has entered the world of potty talk. Now that she can read she cannot read the word 'but" without a fit of giggles. Every time she reads that word I say to her, "it is not spelled the same" and she just giggles more and says, "It still says BUT" Hilarious, I'm sure. Then there is the word, "we". In the UK you don't pee pee you wee wee. So that sets her off for a good five minutes too. It is actually quite funny to see her naughty side coming out. I just roll my eyes at her but it has no effect whatsoever.
  • Yesterday at school Lily decided it would be a fine idea to put her finger in her pencil sharpener and give it a turn. Not surprisingly she tore her nail right down the middle. After her bath last night I was trying to figure out the best way to salvage it and decided that superglu* was the way to go. It didn't go well. At one point I was stuck to her finger and a paper towel was stuck to me. I managed to free us but it was a mess. Luckily it didn't hurt her at all and she found the whole episode rather entertaining. Today her nail is still stuck together which is good.
  • In the last 4 weeks I have gone to all of my annual doctors appointments. I am not sure that I will be fitting any me time in for the next couple of months so I decided to get them all behind me.The final one was this morning when I went for my mammo'. As I am standing "in" the machine the tech stands back and says, "don't move". Is that actually an option when your boobage is clamped between two pieces of metal and squashed down so hard that it looks like a crepe? I really wanted to say something glib but she had the personality of a squash. At that point breathing was seeming like a bad idea I had NO intentions of going anywhere.
  • Lastly, I have been reading every ones blogs I just haven't been commenting. Bad Blogger. I will catch up with you all tonight. Don't take it personally it is just that I am a taddy bit busy currently. It has something to do with a big trip that is just around the corner.

14 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You are too funny, between the hat aversion, the boobage being smashed and the superglue incident you have me in stiches. Now breathe woman and go buy that hat; you are going to China!!!!

La-La-Liene said...

Join the Busy Club. Most of the bloggers seem to be busy including myself. I'm lucky to read most blogs once a week.

Sorry about Lily's finger. Gotta love the things kids do without thinking what might happen.

Hang in there and hopefully you'll find some time to breathe!!

Journey To Mei-Li said...

You're hilarious. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear you are off to China. A yah, I would at least get earmuffs. 17 is cold woman!
Evelyn

Janet said...

Ah, yes, the infamous "potty talk" stage. I hate that one. It's so annoying.

I liked your description of your mammo....:-)

day by day said...

Congrats on your CA!! Poor Lily...that must have really hurt!

And thank your for your hilarious story about your Mammo...it is time for me to make an appointment for my boobage smashing. Thanks for the reminder. Have a great week-end!!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

That Lily is so funny! Of course, how could she not be with such a funny mommy.. LOL

Congrats on the Consulate appointment. I'm so excited for you to be leaving very soon and can't wait to follow your journey to Rose!

I hear ya on the mammo thing. But thankfully, where I get my mammo done, its just plastic that squeezes the girls. Sometimes I think they are going to rip the right off. I doubt I would be "going" anywhere either.

Ashley Winters said...

My sister and brother-in-law were in Beijing last year this time. It was freezing! I would start shopping now for a dazzling warm hat! You don't want to catch cold on your trip.

Vivian M said...

I don't wear hats either, just as long as your ears and neck are covered you should be ok.
As for the mammo, I am well endowed and it's no fun! But glad you are taking care of yourself, it is really important.
Feb is almost here! Tell your other personality that mine said "hi!".

Polar Bear said...

In all my years in the classroom I have never heard of someone trying to sharpen their finger. I've had many try to staple them, but the sharpener is a new one for me. :)

Hope you have lots of fun hat shopping today! :)

I think if you were to move when the boob is squished like a pancake it would probably come right off. Has that tech ever been in that position? OUCH!!!

I can't wait to follow your journey to Rose! I am so excited for you!!!!

val said...

I have been following your blog for a long time but this is the first time for a comment. Having grown up in England like you I also detest the whole "uniform" thing & do not like hats. I now live in the great northeast where having a least your ears covered is a MUST. Try these ear pops..........I love them & have a pair in the pockets of every coat I own! Good luck in China!

http://www.earpops.com/

Tammie said...

I also hate hats - when they're a requirement. How about getting a hoodie type sweatshirt & then ear muffs? Okay. Okay. Work with me. I'm trying.

You're a better woman than I am. I asked the person doing my mammo just how in the heck I was going to get out the door with that huge machine attached to me. She had NO sense of humor. Perhaps it was the same dolt.

Patricia/NYC said...

I have to tell you...I'm feeling miserable over here & I'm so glad I read your latest post tonight, because it really cheered me up!

Now...go get that hat!! I bet you'll look fab in it afterall!

Gosh...I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED for you all!

Shawnstribe said...

Not long now!!!!!!
Yipppppiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!
al our thoughts and love
xxx
Shawn and Aila Mei who is just learning the meaning of the word NO!!!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

try getting the earmuff band that goes around your ears like a headband...that'll keep the wind and cold out! Or buy a neck muff thing that can be worn like a scarf but pulled up over your head when it gets too 'parky'

or just buy a hat and get over it!!

I wish we were travelling at the same time, I'd love to meet you guys!

We still wait for LOA...we're at day 58 and have no idea when it will come.

I'm getting bored with waiting but I need to get cracking on the girls bedrooms first...so I shouldnt really complain!

Cant wait to see Rosie home!

She has an amazing big sister!

Hayley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails