27 Jan 2008

A Family Visit

We had a visitor today and it wasn't one of my family! Quite shocking isn't it but Jacob does actually have his own family and they do in fact speak and visit. The visits are a rarity because they are spread out all over this country but this weekend his cousin Joan was in Miami so we met up with her for lunch.

The weather here is on the cool side so we decided that since it would be a nice temperature for Joan we would eat at an outside restaurant on the bay. Joan is from Maine so this 60 degree weather is a heat wave for her......not us.

I am not kidding here but once we got home I had to make all of us hot chocolate and we ate cookies to get warm again. (just how are we going to survive China???) I freely admit that I prefer this chilliness and even when it gets downright cold to the hot and humid days of summer. The upside of a trip to China at this time of year is that we should see snow. It might be at O'hare airport in Chicago during on of our plane changes but I will take it.

Katie and Marie: your aunt Joan and us send warm thoughts to you as you freeze yourself silly in Michigan.


Lily just had to get in on the photos.


This afternoon was spent doing stuff around the house in preparation for the arrival of the little person. We installed the stair gates....groan! As much as I couldn't live in a house that has stairs without a stair gate they drive me nuts. We are attempting to get in the habit of using them now. I think you can go over the top with all the childproofing that they offer now but the stair gate is an annoying neccessity.



Then we started to put the rocking chair together. Jacob went to the DIY centre to pick up some things so it was Lily and I. All I can say is it is a darned good thing she was here cos I was getting nowhere with the chair and she kept interrupting. I was just about to get quite cross with her when she pointed out that the reason I couldn't get it to fit together is because I had it back to front. Alrighty then. From that moment on I let her take over and she did the whole thing. Jacob just helped at the end with tightening the screws. I have a great video of her explaining the situation but dropshots is on the fritz and blogger takes eons to upload video so I shall wait.


My Little Miss Fix It.


P.S. The hat situation is still not resolved. Thank you for all your suggestions. I think I will take a scarf and flip it over my head....should look really attractive.

9 comments:

Patricia/NYC said...

Do I see a new Nickjr. show in the making here? Ni Hao Handy Lily!
I LOVE that she is quite the handyperson! SOOOO Cute!!

For the record, I hate hats too & look dreadful in them...but then again...here I am sick as a dog...hmmm...better get a hat!

Nikki said...

Glad you had fun with family - and you had BETTER GET A HAT if you think 60 degrees is cold! (remember, I am freezing myself silly here in Michigan)

Your Lily and my Lily have the same knack for tools and fixin' stuff...and you and I have the same NON-knack! hehe

day by day said...

Your little Miss Fix-it is awfully cute...and she really looks like she knows just what she is doing!! Gosh, I could use her help around here! : )

Marie said...

If you think 60 is cold, try 21 here! I can't wait to see Rosie and meet Lily some day! I like checking out Lily's adventures, and it was fun to see Aunt Joan's picture on your blog. Maybe some day we can get down to Florida to see you all. Love, Marie

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Love little miss helper. Lily is looking so grown up of late.

I agree about the hat.. you need to have something!!!

Vivian M said...

Wow, Lily is handy with tools! Kerri tries, but she succeeds only in loosening instead of tightening screws.
I think the scarf is a great idea!

Tammie said...

Lily is quite the girl. She looks so perfect helping out around the house.

redmaryjanes said...

I am trying to stay focused on your posts, but I can't. All I'm thinking is hurry up and get Rosie!

April said...

Tag you're it. I know you are busy so you don't have to worry about it if you don't want something to distract you. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails