23 Jan 2008

The Reality Of It All Is Sinking In

We are going to be in China in about 3 weeks. I am nervous and excited. I cannot sleep and or concentrate on anything. We are going to Beijing first and now I am wondering why. It is so flippin' cold there. Don't forget we live in South Florida and freezing cold to us is 50 degrees. I love cold weather but Beijiing at the moment is colder than anything I have ever experienced, it is 17 degrees. Who knew the temperature went that low. LOL

My cousin Andie left for New Zealand this morning and she arrives back in the UK on the 11th then she has to do a study day for her new job on the 13th and will fly out to Beijing that night. What a trooper. She won't have a clue what planet she is on.

Lily is so excited. She will spend Valentines day either in China or on a plane, depending whether WACAP gets us the consulate appointment that they request and she thinks that is the most fun ever. Oddball kid. She keeps reminding me to tell her teacher and to not forget to withdraw her from school. Yes, I have to withdraw her from the school system. It is infuriating but at least now, after 5 or 6 conversations, the principal is at least attempting to work with us a little bit and will give her her classwork. She still cannot guarantee Lily's place back in the same classroom when she returns!!!! Hard player this lady! But we will take our chances. I have warned Lily she might be in a different class and she doesn't seem to bothered.

To answer the burning questions: Yes, we will be blogging from China. If we run into any glitches my fathers wife is all ready to take over for us and my sweet friend Lori has offered as well. So we will be broadcasting somehow.

No, sorry I cannot post anymore photos of Rose. I have lots but I just can't do it. In a few weeks her face will be all over this blog so just wait a little bit longer.

No, we are not packed???? It's me remember, I detest packing. I would rather lick a toilet seat....no no I wouldn't that is way to yucky. We have little and in some cases big heaps spread out all around Rosies room. But there isn't a suitcase in sight. I think we have everything that we need so it is just a case of getting it packed.

As you can see by this mindless rambling I am starting to develop a twitch. I will leave you now. Have a great Humpday.

13 comments:

3D said...

I am catching up.....YAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! Rosie Posie will be in you arms soon, soon, soon!

That is wonderful news. Do not fret, it will all work out.

Keep smilin!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

ok.. so do you have winter coats, gloves, hats etc? I'm sure that's not an easy thing to find in south florida. I'd be glad to ship you anything you need. I mean, today it's sunny and a big whopping 13 degrees outside.

Kelly and Todd said...

I've been a long time lurker of your site and just enjoy reading about your adventures with Lilly and your latest adoption. I'm so happy for your family and wish you all the best as you prepre to travel for Rose. I can't wait to follow along on your journey. Safe travels to you!!

Kelly :-)
LID 3/21/07

Kris said...

Man there is electricity over here!! I am feeling your excitement vibe as though you were sitting (or pacing) right next to me!

Good luck getting it all together, I so hate packing too, but I'd opt to leave the toilet alone too :O)

Nikki said...

I am feeling your excitement all the way here in (freezing) Michigan!
Just pack some warm clothes and you'll be just fine - that is the key...a LONG coat will work wonders for ya.
I love how excited Lily is - she is gonna be THE BEST big sister EVER! It is so weird about her school - but she's a trooper, so nothin' will phase her!

I detest packing too and put everything off till the last minute - no biggie. That's just how we roll!
Can't wait to see more pictures of Rosie (in your arms!)Glad you'll be blogging while you're there.
SOOOO happy for you, my friend.
SOOOOO happy!

Ani said...

OMG - I just learned of your TA... So excited for you all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,Sally has told me all the great news. Travel long and travel safely. Love Colin

Janet said...

Oh, I am SO going to be you in a few months. No sleeping, no concentrating, etc. Ugh. Hang in there!

Briana's Mom said...

I remember how scattered I was three weeks before getting Briana. I was a mess! I think I packed and unpacked 10 times.

I will be checking your blog all the time while you are in China!

The Things We Carried said...

Can't wait to see more photos of your beautiful Rosie!

Tammie said...

If you need help packing, just give me a holler. I'm pretty good at it too. I really do mean this. I'm so crazy that I'm already picking out what Erin & I will be taking to Spring Hill for CNY. We leave on Feb. 16th. (Just so you know that I'm more than a touch anal.

I can't believe that you have to withdraw Lily from the school system just because you're going to be away for a while. Isn't that a touch "odd?"

insanemommy said...

You've done this before.... pack the night before. Freezing in south Florida is anything below 70! Lucky for me I never had to experience any dips in the weather... Of course I still freeze in the shade at 80....

I can't wait to follow your journey..We were lucky our girls were from southern China. Very tropical and super hot. You probably won't notice the cold due to the excitement of your new daughter.

Global Girl said...

How exciting :)

Have safe travels!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails