5 Oct 2007

Undecided On A Title

I wasn't sure what to call this post. Some of the appropriate headings would include: Lost My Mind, Re-assessing, Time For A Change or Time Management. It makes no difference what I call it I am undergoing some changes in my life and they are all for the better.

I am, by nature, a very hyper person. I must have been a royal pain as a kid because I just can't sit still. If I am sitting I am fiddling with something or fidgeting around. ( I bet you're glad you wont be sitting next to me on that long flight to China. ) I used to spend all my time doing stuff never just sitting but since I started to blog I have been spending countless hours at the computer. I love the blogging, I have met so many amazing people but I have realised I am no longer as productive as I like to be so I am going to cut it back a bit. I wont post daily unless I have completed my list of self imposed chores. I will stay abreast ( I find that such a silly word) of everyone but for my own sanity I have to do some other things as well.

I used to be a workout queen, 6 and sometimes 7 days a week I would workout. I felt great, was a bit skinny but loved exercise. At some point I stopped working out. Went cold turkey and never looked back. I didn't have to exercise to be thin so I quit. I have been pondering of late starting it all over again. I don't need to lose weight but I want to be fit again. This thought has been ruminating around in my grey matter for a few months so this week I bit the bullet and started again. Ha ha ha, let me tell you that the only thing that I can do at the moment without severe pain radiating through my body is smile.

Another thing that I have accomplished with all my free time is getting the grout clean. It has been looking pretty "fuchy" of late and we keep saying we will call the chap to have it cleaned. I got tired of it yesterday and spent 6 hours on my knees, wearing some "bring sexy back" knee pads and cleaned the whole downstairs floor myself with a little help from 3 packets of Magic Eras*ers. I felt so good when I was done. I little nuts but good nonetheless. Jacob wants me to tell you that I was complaining that his knee pads were hard to wear and that is when he realised I had them on upside down. He laughed....alot.

I have a Type A personality and if I start something it has to be done to perfection. I can't quit anything and I can't leave anything undone. For all of you out there, and you know who you are, that told me that once I had Lily I would change, you may now eat your words! I am now being told that once we have 2 kiddos I will change, to that I say, Bite Me. It isn't going to happen. I have changed alot since having Lily, I know longer clean the windows daily!

I am going to be managing my time and being so much more productive. Please don't write me off cos I am still here and will still follow along but I have to have some down time, or perhaps I shall call it, up time. This isn't a break or me signing off it is just me allowing myself some breathing room. I am too addicted to all of you to not find out all the "Happily Ever Afters" and I want to share ours as well.

Have a fabby weekend. We have lots of plans and I will post them soon.
XOXOXOXOXO

18 comments:

3D said...

You better not go anywhere permanently. I would miss my C Family Fix.

I too am getting to a point where I have to lay off the blog (more checking in then posting). Life is for living. Hard but I am getting there. But I gotta get myself prioritized and house is suffering and friends are checking the blog for news on me rather than calling. Blog much?

Stay in touch. You got my email and I got yours so we are all good.

Hugs!

Keep smilin!

Dannye said...

I'll miss the daily dose of Lily, but hey, no excuses cuz we live so close, I just need to jump into the car and come down south!! I promise soon....love you guys too much to lose you now!!

insanemommy said...

I hear you. I've had to step back and sort of re-evaluate too. I blog when I have a free moment. I'm now trying to figure out how I can get back in the gym and it work with my schedule. Everything is a juggling act now.

Patricia/NYC said...

My goodness! This could have been MY post!!! From the not exercising (same reasons too!) to those chores that never seem to get done...I can soooo relate to your situation!!

You are so right, "life is for the living!"
HUGS & keep in touch!!

Kris said...

Write you off?? Never! I'm glad you're going to focus on things that are really important to you and that you'll pop in and say hello to those of us still (trying to) blog. I'll be looking for your updates though!

Special K said...

Well okay I guess...
but don't make me go more than a week without at least one Lily video.

:)

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Totally hear you on the blog thing. I too sometimes get so caught up in everyones blogging that I get nothing done around my house (or at my job) It becomes more stressful than it is stress relief.

enjoy your time. We'll be watching out here in bloggyland for those updates. :0)

Beckyb said...

I totally hear you and can relate! I have cut back on my blogging too - it can consume you so easily but there is sure more to life!!! So you go girl -have fun cleaning :) and exercising :) and stop in when you can!!

redmaryjanes said...

You do whatever you need to feel productive and happy. We'll hang out and wait for you. No worries there!

Steffie B. said...

hey...can you come to my house??? There is LOT'S to be done! ;)

Nikki said...

I can totally understand where you're coming from...this blogging business is VERY time consuming.
I'll never "write you off" no matter how often (or seldom) you post...love you and your sweet family tooo much!
XO

PIPO said...

Yup, don't go too far...you're my sunshine ;0)

I can relate. I'm a hyper type too (though I missed the natural skinny gene ;0).

I'll be thinking of you as I clean my windows!

Smooch.

Polar Bear said...

Six hours cleaning grout?!? I am humbled, I bow in your cleaning greatness. I wouldn't have the patients to do that!

I know what you mean about needing to be more productive. I have sat down several times infront of bloglines to trim some of the blogs I follow, but how do I cut ANYONE out. I have just stopped commenting on everyone, every post. I can still keep up, but I've cut my compute time WAY down.

Enjoy your weekend. (The knee pad story is hilarious!) :)

Briana's Mom said...

Oh please don't go too far. I am finally getting back in the blog game! I have missed so much being so sick! Hope to see some updates soon!

M and M said...

Good for you - I wish I had the energy or the inclination to get off my butt...maybe one day!

As for writing you off - it's not going to happen!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I hear ya!! I am sure you have noticed that I am posting much less frequently. There are several reasons which include the ones that you are citing as well as I am just plain blogged out for now. I love following all my favs but I am somewhat blocked so I am just giving myself a break from it all and trying to get more accomplished before baby brother comes home next month.

BTW, did you get my e-mail? If not please contact me privately.
I hope that your weekend went swimmingly :)

Ann said...

I totally understand. I had to tell myself that I would spend one day a week catching up on everyone, otherwise I was on the computer everyday from the minute I got home til I went to bed. It's much better now, with once a week. But don't forget us.

Judy said...

I completely understand! I've been posting at least once a month. I've been checking in on my favs less and less. I've tried to get back to walking in the evenings but haven't been able to commit to a schedule. I still enjoy checking in once in a while so don't go too far and keep us posted on Lily and referral news.

Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails