4 Sept 2007

Summer. It's Officially Over

It's official, summer is over at least in this house. Hubby returned to work today after a months vacation. Yes, you read right, a month. It was so much fun having him around all of the time but the fun is over and it is back to reality as of today. This truly marks the end of summer and I really wish that the temperatures down here would take note but I am sure they won't at least for another month or so.
On an upnote this time of year tends to zoom by so hopefully the referrals will seem to speed up, if you know what I mean.


Tonight when I put Lily to bed she suddenly reappeared looking scared silly. She heard thunder, I was carrying on as usual in hopes that she wouldn't hear it but she did. I went back upstairs and layed down with her so that she could go to sleep. I stared at her little face and relished in everything that I have with her. As I was staring she puckered up her lips and made the sweetest little face. I lent over and kissed her and went back to staring and thanking my lucky stars.


Jacob had already left for work when she came home from school so he left her a note saying how much he has enjoyed spending the summer with her and how much he will miss her tonight. I read the note to her and she kissed it. This kid is so sweet. Then she went about her day very content in Lily land.


Dropshots is still being despicable but I will try to post some photos from the weekend using The Snail, I mean blogger. If there are no photos you no I gave up.
On Saturday evening we took Lily to the beach to watch the sunset. Jacob and Lil' walked out of the rocks. She thought she was the cats pajamas.
Me, acting as if walking on the rocks is as easy as Lily makes it out to be!


This little Ultra Lite was so low we could have hitched a ride home.


Cute Little Beach Bum




As for the 4 days of referrals. They are what they are, 4 days and in my humble opinion, it sucks like a Dyson. Congrats to all the families on surviving the wait.

11 comments:

Polar Bear said...

I am ready for a change in seasons. I hope you are right and it will bring a change to CCAA, too.

How sweet of Jacob to leave a note. The little kiss is even sweeter. She is such a cutie!

Four days - stinks!!!

Lauren said...

That looks like tons of fun! I hope you get your referral soon!

insanemommy said...

How sweet of jacob to leave a note! Love the beach shots.

Patricia/NYC said...

How sweet of Jacob to leave that note for Lily!

And I just love your description of how you felt while Lily was falling asleep! That kind of emotion is so difficult to put into words, but you definitely captured it!

GREAT photos, as usual...but with the cutest little subject, how can they ever be bad photos? ;)

amy said...

what lovely photos

3D said...

Summer memories! Special moments with your special girl.

Lovely pics! Dropshots was bugging me big time tonight.

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

Life with Lily is good in all seasons...here's to another one (and I do hope it cools off a bit for you)

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Those are some big rocks I tell you. How sweet of daddy to leave a note for his pumpkin! :0)

Love your "sucks like a dyson" comment. I couldn't agree with your more!

redmaryjanes said...

I'm sorry that your hubs has to go back to work. It's bitter sweet. I too am ready for things to cool down a bit. It's almost 90 here today. I'm ready for fall.

PIPO said...

Oh baby...it sucks like a gaggle of Dysons all in tune. In fact, it doesn't only suck - it blows.

But, love the pics and glad you and Ms. Lily got to spend so much time over the summer with hubs.

Janet said...

Wow, I would still call that summer, here, being able to go for a SWIM? Looks lovely!

I love that Lily kissed the note. You should keep it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails