7 Sept 2007

A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose....unless


....Unless it is a sympathy rose. Allow me to explain myself.


Yesterday was a really busy day and was filled with appointments. After school Lily had her dental check -up and we dashed straight from there to the drugstore so she could pick a new tooth brush. As we were leaving the vendor was delivering the fresh cut flowers and as we were walking out of the shop he handed Lily and I a really gorgeous rose each. We thanked him and as we continued on our way to the car Lily comes out with this little gem:

"Mummy, why do you think he gave us both a rose? I think he wanted to give me one because I am so cute but then he would have felt bad so he had to give you one too".


So for all of you waiting parents, enjoy the wait cos once your baby comes home you won't have an ounce of self esteem left.

Oh and like a fool I told Jacob about this little quip and he is getting some really good mileage out of it.

15 comments:

insanemommy said...

Ahhh, now I can see where Jacob would get some mileage out of this one!

PIPO said...

It's a shame Ms. L's self-image is so challenged ;0)

It's okay, I think you're a babe of a mama. You just go on and run that one by Jakey now!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia/NYC said...

TOO TOO FUNNY!!!!! My husband & I are just sitting here CRACKING UP!!!

Gosh, these kids are just plain hilarious, aren't they??

Hang in there, Dawn!! YOu are a beautiful momma deserving of that rose! :)

Kris said...

Tell him there are NO frequent flyers for this one, no rewards, no benefits... so shod off already!

That girl of yours cracks me up though, I must admit. Can't wait to be "put in my place" one day!

Dannye said...

I am crying tears over here laughing so very hard...that Lil, man oh man, where does she get this stuff....I can't help it...

but in all seriousness, so not true, you're cute too!!

hehehehehehehe

Janet said...

That is DEFINITELY something my Belle would say. Oh yeah, I can hear those words coming out of her cute little mouth and I'm afraid all I would do is laugh my head off. THat is too cute. Lily is FUNNY!

PS- My self esteem died with my first child. I have eating SO much crow pie!

redmaryjanes said...

Yeah, I hear fun comments like that..usually about how old I am or weight.. Don't ya love it?

Polar Bear said...

I hope Miss Lily never looses her self-esteem! She is FANTASTIC!

Dawn ~ I think you're fantastic!!!!

amy said...

Oh dear! Thats just too much

Snowflowers Mum said...

I know what you mean, our little diva aged 2.5 was walking with us this morning when her Daddy asked her to hold both of our hands, she said "No Daddy, not Mummy, just yours" Mike said "Why" Piper said "because yours is smaller than Mummy's"

yes I'm a larger lady, I know the "fat" observations are right around the corner!

Hayley

Beckyb said...

That cracks me up - sorry Mom but you are right - any self-esteem you had goes right out the door!!!! :)

Steffie B. said...

Just wait until she is a teenager.....it only gets uglier! lol

Nikki said...

That is funny, funny, funny!
See, we build these little ones up soooo much and then it backfires on us!
But, just between you and me: I highly doubt yours was a sympathy rose...I've seen ya and you are one hot momma!

La-La-Liene said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Today we were getting gas at Sam's Club and we were having a conversation and out of the backseat all of a sudden I hear, "Daddy you're so rude!" Where he learned that we have no idea. But I think it's normal for kids that age to think they're the only beautiful ones in existence. Our son definitely thinks the world revolves around him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails