30 Jun 2007

We Never Said, "I Do".

Twenty years tomorrow at precisely 2.30 pm GMT I walked down the aisle of St Peter and St Pauls Church, on the arm of my father, to join my hubby for the rest of my life. Our vows did not include the infamous words, I do, instead we said, I will.
I cannot believe that we have been married for 20 years. The old adage is, time fly's when you're having fun. Well it has been fun. We are best friends and we stick by each other through thick and thin. We tried to account for the last twenty years the other night but only managed to cover about seven minutes. We have done so many things and seen so many places. We have faced things that people shouldn't have to face but by turning to each other we have made it through.
Tough times? Yes, we have had a few. Bumps? Yes, those too. Regrets, we haven't had those. We both have a great sense of humour and to be married this long we need it.


Jakey, I love you. More now than before but not as much as I will love you tomorrow.Happy Anniversary.

Now if you swear not to laugh I will share a wedding photo with all of you. The expression, "what were you thinking?" comes to mind when I look at my dress but it was 1987 and big dresses were in! I had a 6 ft train on my veil and it was a windy day and the bloody thing kept getting airborne. Oh and If I look like a kid, I was. Jakey was a tad scrawny back then but I fattened him up and turned him grey!
We are going away to celebrate for a few days. See you on Wednesday which is another HUGE day for us.

Photo'>http://www.dropshots.com/">Photo Sharing - Video'>http://www.dropshots.com/">Video Sharing - Share'>http://www.dropshots.com/">Share Photos - Free'>http://www.dropshots.com/">Free Video Hosting

23 comments:

Special K said...

Oh my gosh...you two are just adorable! You really were just babies. LOL!

Happy 20 Years! That is so admirable in this day and age when most people don't make it that far. You two seem really great together. Enjoy your anniversary!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Happy Anniversary! 20 years. now that's something to celebrate!

ps.. I love your big poofy dress. Mine was poofy back then too. (the princess Di kind of poofy)

Have a great trip.

Patricia/NYC said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 20 years!!
ADORABLE photo!! WOnderful accomplishment in this day & age! (I know, we're hitting 24 this year!...yikes!)

Celebrate & enjoy your anniversary & dream about the wonderful days yet to come!

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei

Polar Bear said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Wow! Twenty years! That is fantastic! Congratulations!
Enjoy your time away!

Rhonda said...

Happy 20th anniversary!

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations! Twenty years is quite an accomplishment! My hubs and I said "I will" also - no "I do" for us!

Love the wedding pic!

amy said...

Very sweet, congrats!

Kris said...

What a beautiful post...happy anniversary, you guys looked great, poofy beautiful dress and all!

Beckyb said...

Congrats, Congrats!!! AND I LOVE the picture!!! You young'uns, you!

Dannye said...

but the real question is did you say "obey"???? hehe

no "obey" for us!!!!

simply t said...

Happy 20 years together!

Pug Mama said...

HAPPY 20 YEARS!!!!!
Both of you - just babies!!!!!!
:0)

Steffie B. said...

20 years.....wonderful....as far as the picture....I think it is beautiful....

Nikki said...

Happy 20th anniversary to one of the bestest couples I know.
I know you'll have an incredible time away together...see you when you return!

PIPO said...

Holy Moly...you two were just young'uns!

Happy Anny to you both.

Shall we celebrate with some Spotted Dick?

Gracie said...

Have fun on your trip! Congrats

insanemommy said...

I love your big Cinderella dress AND you look beautiful! Beautiful post. Congrats. Not many can say they hung in there for 20+years.......truly special.

La-La-Liene said...

Weren't the 80's fabulous!!! Big dresses were still in 10 yrs later when I got married and they're still in now! OK, so not the sleeves but I had a cousin who married in 1993 and I thought her dress was going make her airborne her sleeves were so puffy!!!

You two look so cute together. Happy 20th!!

Janet said...

Your dress wasn't THAT bad. I've seen waaaay worse!

Happy 20th, that is WONDERFUL! Wishing you MANY, MANY more!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Happy 20th Anniversary.Had forgotton how beautiful Olney church is.It is hard to believe that it is two decades since my little sister got.... married.Congratulations to you both.Lovely Lilly is so lucky to have you as her parents.Love Colinxx and Jonxx

Wendy said...

Happy 20 years!!!!

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary! My parents celebrated their 20th anniversary earlier this month too!

Ann said...

First off Happy Anniversary(late from me of course)

When I first saw that picture I thought to myself "that can't be them, this post must be about something else!!"

Cute though. 20 years is a major accomplishment. Kudos to you guys for sticking through it all, marriage isn't easy and it's great to see couples still together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails