27 Jun 2007

I Love My LIfe ! UPDATE

There is nothing like being thrown out of your routine to make you realise just how much you love your life! The last 5 days were not fun. The seminar was great, but very difficult as we dealt with geriatric patients with dementia and it is so hard to see otherwise perfectly healthy people who have no clue about anything including their own name. I think that is so sad. On an up note I met a charming older gentleman and his dog. His dog was totally invisible to me but he loved him so I made a fuss of him too. You all know my history with dogs so this was the perfect arrangement for me.

My girl is very busy at present what with swimming, gymnastics and generally being a goof ball. I went straight back to work this morning and she went off to swimming lessons and then this afternoon I finally got to spend some time with her and we went to gymnastics. She loves it and tries to do everything really fast so that she can have another turn at it before her time is up. Great in theory but as you will see, not so in reality! She tried to whizz through a routine only be to dragged back again and again. I was snickering to myself. I need to go and get caught up on all of your news so this post will be short.
(I have just found out that blogger won't allow me to post any photos or videos tonight so I will have to try again tomorrow.)

16 months ago today the CCAA logged in our file and we started our official wait. We were all excited and new that the 8-9 months that lay ahead would pass slowly for us but that was fine as we waited a long time for Lily's referral and 8-9 months would be a piece of cake. See what happens when you view the world through rose coloured glasses, reality comes right up behind you and bites you on the bum......very hard! Oh well we have to just keep chugging along and looking at all the cuties that get referred every month.

Is anyone else having problems with the HTML on blogger, when I click on it it just does nothing. Bloody thing.

I was sitting here writing some snide comment on CJ's blog about the limited contents of her purse when there was an enormous clap of thunder and the power went out. Within seconds Lily was crying and I was trying to make it up the stairs 2 at a time in the total darkness cos the flashlights that I have all around for emergencies did not leap out of their places and into my hands. Life sure is fun. Lily is fine and my toe is recovering from the wallop I just gave it heading across the living room. Yepper, this is the life for me.

12 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, you just throw in that HUGE news at the end there... happy 16 woman!! That's amazing, isn't it? And welcome back from the land of the seminar!

PIPO said...

Woohoo to 16 down at least...each one gets a snail slip closer.

Welcome home...yep, that doesn't much sound like an uplifting seminar.\

Rhonda said...

Happy 16 month LIDiversary!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy 16 months! And I know how you feel, love this crazy life!!

Dannye said...

happy 16th, welcome home (for the short bit of time at least), and just know, we love your life too!!

Thanks for letting us be part of it...and thanks again for my birthday presents, they were definitely uplifting when I needed it most!!! Love you guys!!

amy said...

yeah for 16 months!!!! Welcome home!

Janet said...

Happy 16th!

I love that you were willing to play along with the gentleman. I would totally do that too!

And I'm glad your seminar gave you a new appreciation of your routine! I love mine too! :-)

Gracie said...

Congratulations

Holly said...

Happy 16 month LID! Welcome back.

Polar Bear said...

Glad you're back from the conference. I've missed daily Lily updates. I appreciated Jacob's post. :)

Congratulations on having 16 months behind you.

Why are those flashlights so elusive when you need them most? Hope the toe doesn't hurt too much today.

Nikki said...

Glad you're home!

Congrats on 16 months -- that is a BIG accomplishment...you are handling the wait like a champ!

Can't wait to see pics of our busy little Lily.

Steffie B. said...

16 months down.....you are so close...hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails