28 Jun 2007

Few Words Today.


I have been so saddened lately as I have read of all the horrid things that so many people are going through in their lives. There is such heartache in so many blogger posts.

Today I turned into a cleaning machine and re-arranged furniture and went quite berserk for a few hours. Lily followed me from room to room with her toys and parked her cute little self within feet of me and played so happily. We chatted she had fun and I cleaned like a maniac.

The whole time I was doing it I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with me because I get this way when I am nervous. It wasn't until a short while ago that it dawned on me (I am allowed to use that pun) I am upset and hurting for people that I don't even know. I have no clue who
Colleen or Jim are but I cried so hard when I read about Copper. I don't know 2 other people either but when I read their post about their agency saying that there is no way China will make it through the 30,000 dossiers and the heartache that it has caused them I cried again. Another blog that I linked to through one I read all the time has been crushed by the senseless death of 2 of it's members by a drunk driver. Melissa's last post about Zeus was so beautiful but yet so sad. The comments left for these people are so genuine and heartfelt.

I understand that life can be hard. I have had my fair share of nastiness and cruelty but why does it have to be so painful. This sadness reaches deep into the soul.

To all of you who are going through rough times my heart goes out to each and everyone of you. If I can do anything for any of you just let me know.

12 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

You are such a special person. It is a hard time right now for a lot of people who we have grown to care for out here in blogland. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring us some things to celebrate.

amy said...

Thank you for that post. I read the post about Copper and I cried I am hoping for happier times as well!

Kathy and Joel said...

Dawn,
I, too, have read all the posts to which you refer and it has been a terribly sad week for a lot of people. I wish there was something I could do to ease everyone's pain.
Your support, even to those whom you do not know, is important and very much appreciated.

Dannye said...

I too cried like a baby when I read about Copper and Zeus (and I have never met them or their owners), but the bonds we are creating is so deep that I feel like we are one big family, who shares the good and bad times, the support and love from deep down....

I have been feeling so blue, wondering if I ever will be blessed enough to finally be a mom, or whether I should just be thrilled to be an aunt...that's why I am trying to think of happy times to help get through this darkness (hence the sharing of the applesauce maker story, hehe)...

I guess I am trying to say I love you guys very much and thank goodness to have "met" you all (and Dawn glad the red thread led us to each other and the wonderful friendship that has ensued!!)....

3D said...

Just your kind words help and your wonderful spirit makes this world a better place.

Keep smilin!

Janet said...

I'm sure that your support and your kindness means a lot to all of them. What a thoughtful post.

PIPO said...

You're a sweetheart, mama!

Pug Mama said...

Thank you for such a sweet post.
I do know Colleen personaly, and she is every bit of the wonderful person she comes across as on her blog.
I just seems so unfair, because she was there for me during Zeus' battle with cancer and then it also stole her Copper from her.
So sad. And so damn unfair.

Kris said...

What an incredibly thoughtful post Dawn. Thanks for sharing your empathy with all of us. You're amazing.

Briana's Mom said...

It has been a really sad week in the blog world. My heart goes out to every one that is feeling pain right now.

insanemommy said...

Dawn thank you for putting it into words. I've been feeling the same thing. So sad. I can't imagine the pain of loosing a beloved animal and then I read today about the father and child killed senselessly. Tragic. What a waste.

Thank you.

Nikki said...

I also found my heart breaking as the tears rolled down my face for many of my blogger "friends"...the good thing is we are never alone in our pain.

Give Lily a big squeeze from us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails