14 Jun 2007

2 against 1

There is a special bond between a daddy and his little girl, or big girl for that matter. When we arrived in China Lily's first reaction to Jacob was that he was the enemy. He was fine if I wasn't around but once she saw me he was not a good guy anymore. Immediately after returning home the tides changed and she became a daddy's girl. She has always had this way of saying Daddy that is so sickly sweet it could make you gag. Jacob loves it and knows it is the only word that she says in this particular voice.

When she started school last August she quickly became a mummys girl again and it surprised me and I have to say that I loved it. I loved every second of it. Jacob's feeling were hurt because he was not used to being the 2nd banana. I explained to him that it was just happening because of the change in her life and that she would be his again in no time at all. I knew it would be short lived and I only had my girl for a short amount of time and that if he was lucky he would have wrapped around his little finger for the rest of his life. Sure I know I have my place too but I don't expect to be able to compete (not the right word) with Daddy. Well, that didn't quite happen and she has been stuck to me like glue for nine blissful months now.

Approximately a month ago I noticed a subtle shift in her affections. Don't get me wrong here she doesn't leave one of us out she just favours one of us for certain things. Now if we meet somewhere and end up having 2 cars she will go with her dad whereas 2 months ago she would always come with me and she hates to do anything when daddy can't come. My little girl is turning into a Daddy's girl again and I couldn't be happier cos she
really does have an amazing Daddy and she is so very lucky to be the one to call him that.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

11 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Yes....Sophia and her Daddy have a special bond too. That video was great.....two little stinkers...that's what you've got! ;)

Janet said...

My girl switches allegiances all the time. I love the daddy-daughter bond. It's so special- and so important.

redmaryjanes said...

The shifting really never stops. My sons have gone back and forth, except for Tyler. He has always been a Momma's boy. I think it shows that the child has a strong core relationship with both parents which is wonderful.

Pug Mama said...

is the secret that Jacob is using the potty while you're filming???
;0)

Holly said...

That video is too sweet. I am a Daddy's girl myself :- )

Lauren said...

I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!! How cute!!!!!

amy said...

I learn so much from these blogs..That awesome!!!

Ann said...

Being a Daddy's girl affords many things in life... I should know I'm one too.

I thinks its awesome that she has such a great relationship with her Dad.

3D said...

Such special Daddy and Lily laughs.

Keep smilin!

Briana's Mom said...

I love the daddy/daughter secret they have going on there! Too cute!

Nikki said...

Jay is still waiting for his turn again...I do feel a change in the air...

I always love seeing Lily with Jacob -- they are sooo silly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails