15 Jun 2007

Friendship

When we started our adoption process with Lily we had one focus and one focus only and that was to bring our daughter home. At no point did we ever say, I hope we meet lots of great people along the way or on the trip. We had friends and didn't need any more. Our friends are special to us. We both know loads of people but the ones we allow into our hearts are truly special and are also few and far between. We were so shocked at the bond formed between all the members of our travel group and to this day are in touch with every single one of them. So much for not needing any more people in our lives. As we all know the adoption community is filled with really amazing people and the friendships forged here are like no other.

One of our close couple friends are Ed and Jen. I have talked about them a lot and posted photos of their beautiful son Ebby. I am not sure how long we have known them for now but it has been awhile. During this time we have attended many of the special events in their lives and another person who is always there is Jen's best friend and college roommate Katy. Katy is lovely. I don't know her very well but she is so sweet. One day Jen and I were talking about my blog and she said she has another friend who is adopting from China and she has a blog too. Jen, being Jen, didn't say her name or give anymore information than that. I asked her for the blog address and was immediately directed to Ladyfrog. I am getting to the point, I swear I am so just keep reading for a second please. I lurked for a few days and then one time I was reading about a birthday celebration and looked at a photo and thought it was odd that I knew the person in the picture. It was a picture of Dannye's nephew and I have met him before. I emailed Dannye and introduced myself as a friend of Jenny's and we yipped back and forth a few times. Dannye's sister and my friend Jen, are best friends.

Small world or red thread?

As you know we met up with Danny and the fabulous Ray ( & her folks) when we went to Orlando last time and it was like meeting an old friend. Since that point they have spoilt Lily so much with toys and toys and toys. But today it wasn't Lily's turn to be touched by their kindness it was my turn. Just look what was delivered to me from them today. The card reads: Happy Belated Birthday, hope it was all you wanted and more. Love, Dannye, Ray, Freckles & Chynna.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



These flowers are gorgeous, just gorgeous. I was giddy when they arrived and every time I look at them I get giddy all over again.
Thank you so very much. Your friendship and kindness is truly amazing and really appreciated. (see I finally made my point)

I love this community as it surrounds us with such incredible people who do become your friends whether you think you need 'em or not! This second journey to China is so different from the first and quite frankly I am thankful to each and everyone one of you, even though I don't actually know many of you, for your freindship and support.

This is the first time I have ever had flowers delivered. Hubby buys them for me but he never sends them. How cool am I?

10 comments:

Ann said...

red thread!! red thread!!!

Gorgeous flowers!!

Dannye said...

yes you are really really cool!!!

glad you loved them....happy belated birthday!!

and you deserve to be "spoilt" too!

M and M said...

How wonderful!!!

Holly said...

Beautiful flowers. How thoughtful. Bet it was the red thread :- )

3D said...

So sweet!!

What lovely friends.

Keep smilin!

Kathy and Joel said...

You are soooo cool!!! How wonderful of Dannye! You totally deserve te kudos, sweet girl!

Kris said...

Red thread and a beautiful friendship- perfect. The flowers are gorgeous... happy belated!

Janet said...

That is SO sweet, but I would expect nothing less from Dannye. And the flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

PIPO said...

You, m'dear, are majorly cool. Flower on :0)

I'm a believer that one cannot have too many friends.

Hey, I'm still cracking up about the Summer's Eve comment.

Nikki said...

I love that story!
SOOOOO cool.

Dannye is a wonderful, thoughtful, kind, and generous gal. I can't wait to see her in action as a momma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails