17 May 2007

Sleep Deprived Daddy


Jacob works until quite late at night so in the mornings I get up and get Lily ready for school. He always gets up for a good bye hug and kiss but other than that he is dormant. This morning was the same as usual and as I went upstairs to shower I said to Lily, as I always do, "no shouting, if you need me come and get me because daddy is asleep."

I had been in the shower for about 10 minutes when I heard a huge din. The next thing the bathroom door opens up followed by a bash, crash, thud sound as Lily appears with one of her little chairs (which by the way she had carried upstairs with her) a sheet of paper and a crayon. Now I am watching all of this through a steamy shower door and trying not to laugh. She announces in a very LOUD voice that she is taking a survey. I ask what it is all about and she says, food, and proceeds to yell, "who in this room loves pizza?" I told her we both did so she marks it down and the questions continue until I am out of the shower. She continues to shout and move her chair about thumping it into anything and everything. Jacob never said a word he just let her continue and I whisked her our of the room as fast as possible. She is just so cute that I can't get over her.

Last week one day I was creeping around and being nice and quiet because it was early and Jacob was still asleep when I had to go to school for a meeting so I quietly shut the door and got in my car. As I inched backwards I noticed my car was making a funny noise but I couldn't really hear it to well and thought once I got out of the driveway I would be able to pick up some speed and really hear where it was coming from. So I reversed a bit more and the noise got louder. I was a bit concerned but just wanted to add some speed to the equation so I gunned it. The loud noise got much worse and was followed by bottles rolling, cans tumbling and a few other noises that you hear when you have just run over the recycling bin!!! The front door opened and there stood Jacob with the biggest smile on his face and all he said was, "I'll get that Honey, don't worry about a thing." And then of course because we are us we just cracked up laughing. As I drove off I saw him in my rear view mirror cleaning up the neighbourhood.

Thank goodness my hubby doesn't need much sleep and always wakes up in a good mood.

9 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Your hubby sounds like a doll.

Nikki said...

I so want to be your next door neighbor...I like Georgia too!

Steffie B. said...

Taking a survey????? That is hilarious! And yes it sounds like you have an awesome hubby!

Rhonda said...

Aww your daughter is too sweet!

aimeeg said...

That is so awesome that Lily was taking a survey!

Your hubby sounds like a prince.

Briana's Mom said...

That is such a cute story about Lily! And your husband does sound like a prince!

Polar Bear said...

What a great guy!!

Lily is so cute! I can't wait to be surveyed in the shower. ;o)

Ann said...

Awww he sounds so nice. My hubby works nights and he's a bear when he wakes up.

I got you beat on the recycle bin. I backed into my neighbors car...just didn't see it!! I can't back up to save my life. Glad it was only a bin.

M and M said...

I love Lily's survey.

Glad it was only a recycling bin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails