31 May 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away


We haven't had any rain in here in so long that I cannot actually remember when it did rain last. We really need it. We have some serious water restrictions, we can water twice a week between 4am and 8am and the same goes for car washing. Now I am not about to crawl about of bed at 4am to water anything so my flowers are wilting but they wont be for much longer. This evening it is going to start raining and this rain which is being caused by some tropical something or other is going to last through Monday.

WTF?
Lily is having her birthday party on Sunday. It is outside!!?? On an up note it is outside at a waterpark so they will be getting wet anyway but these tropical deluges that we get are usually accompanied by lots of thunder and lightning. I really want it to rain but not on Sunday between 11 - 3.

Can you say wash out. Thinking cap...I need a thinking cap and fast cos I am going to have to go back to the drawing board and with less than 2 days to get it done I am going to have to work fast. Glub, glub, glub....... that is the sinking feeling I have in my stomach.

14 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

It's going to be ok. I'll do a special rain dance and things will clear up for the party.
Is there an indoor pool nearby for a back-up?

Janet said...

What if you had an "indoor" water party? You could fill up the sinks, buy little toys from the dollar store and let them play. Works with my kids. Plus, you could fill up the tub and let them do stuff in there.(We blew bubbles...) Just a suggestion.....guess it depends on the ages of the kids. It worked one year for my four year old.....:-)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Rain or not it will be wonderful because it is your baby girl's birthday.
Enjoy!!!!!

Dannye said...

I vote for a trip to Orlando, we have lots of indoor activities....

Beckyb said...

I'll pray for a hold-off for those few hours!!! What a fun idea for a party - it should be fun - hey, just take umbrellas!!! :)

amy said...

Have a good time no matter what you do


Amy
LID 4/23/07

The Thomas Clan said...

Dawn, just face it, party at the Cope's house! Have a large drink and breath. It will be fine, a bunch of kiddies running around your house, hyper on birthday cake - smashing.
What about Micheals, the craft store. Laura had a party there and loved it. They all get to make a craft and an instructor to show them how.
Good luck.
Em
Happy Birthday Lily.

aimeeg said...

Maybe the rain will hold off for you! I'll be hoping so! Either way, they are kids so they will be giggling and running around and having a blast.

3D said...

Chuck E Cheese, baby!!

I am hoping that the rain keeps up so it won`t come down (saying from my Mom).

Have a wonderful Birthday Party, Lily! No matter what you do, it will be fun times!

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

Your a witty one....you'll come up with something great if you have to! I can't wait to see pictures!

Briana's Mom said...

Please send the rain here to Atlanta! We haven't had rain in weeks and we desperately need it! Good luck - I hope it doesn't rain for you on Sunday!

Judy said...

Hi, I found my way to your blog from another site and I just have to say Lily is adorable! I live in Orlando (where we desperately need some rain too)and we've been home with our princess for 8 months now. Good luck with the bday party. I hope we get to see some pics.

Judy

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hey what do you mean you can water twice a week? Here in Broward we can only water once!!! OY!!

I believe the clouds will part just in time for Lily to party with her friends. I will be sending lots of good energy your way for a little sunshine :)

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily!!

Nikki said...

I'll sing extra loud tomorrow!

But, you could NEVER throw a bad party -- the girls are bound to have a blast no matter what.
Can't wait to hear all about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails