29 May 2007

Lily's Pre-K Graduation

This evening our little girl graduated from Pre Kindergarten. I thought this was a overkill due to the fact that she is only 4 but let me tell you any thoughts of overkill flew from my brain once the ceremony got underway. I cried like a baby from the second it started to the very end and hubby didn't do so well either. She made us so very proud. And she was so flipping cute as well.

Her graduation had a beach theme and all the kiddos (with the exception of one who apparently didn't get the memo) wore their swimwear and sang lots of songs to wrap up the school year before starting the graduation ceremony. During the intermission there was a video presentation set to music of all the kids throughout the year and it was so touching. My, oh my, have they changed and grown. Each family was given a DVD of the presentation so as soon as I am done here I am going to watch it again cos I am a glutton for punishment and with all this crying I won't be able to open my eyes in the morning.

Only one child out of 18 lost their hat this evening which is pretty amazing and guess who that one child was? Yes, you are indeed correct it was Lily. It slid off of her silky smooth hair and refused to stay on again after that.

Lily truly has had the most incredible teacher for this school year and as far as we are concerned this lady has truly raised the bar. To her we say thank you and also to her aide who is also a wonderful, fabulous teacher.

So without further ado, I introduce to you the latest graduate of Pre-K.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Jacob and I were at opposite ends of the patio so he has the better shots of this on his camera but I have not got the foggiest clue how to get them from there to here!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The Fantastic Pre-k Teacher


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

19 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

That should have read sang instead of sand..oops

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You will always remember this day. I still remember Justin's and he is 22. In fact I saw his Pre School Director in the mall the other day and we sand the Tanglewood Academy school song together..ROFL. I am not sure if she was more shocked that I remebered it or that we now have a 2 year old :)
Lily looks quite grown up. Please give her a big smooch from us.

Dannye said...

I am soooo proud of Lily, please let her know that!! What a great accomplishment, and we all look forward to watching her grow into the wonderful young woman we know she will be!!!

Janet said...

Awwww....you're right. They are "flippin' cute!"

aimeeg said...

So adorable! I love the singing!! Congratulations to Lily!!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

OMGosh.. what a great family photo. 13 years from now you'll have a daja vu moment for sure. :-) Both of my older kids went to pre-school but there was never a graduation like Lily's. How special!!

Lily's Pad said...

Congrats to Lily. Just too cute in her white cap and gown! Love the family picture........

Mary

Beckyb said...

Oh don't feel badly - I'd have been bawling too - those kinds of things get to me - we have them such a short time, don't we??!?! Congrats to Miss Lily!!!

3D said...

Congrats Miss Lily!!!

That is a sweet moment to remember. They are all flippin' cute but Lily is the flippin'-est!

Keep smilin!

Patricia/NYC said...

OK...I don't even *know* Lily & I have tears in my eyes! I'm a teacher, so I always get misty over the "Pomp & Circumstance"!

Congrats to Miss Lily!! On to the big K now!

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei who will be 2.5 next week!
Getting closer to Pre-k!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word, how cute is that! A beach theme graduation. Love it. Congrats to Miss Lily.

Polar Bear said...

How Cute!!! Miss Lily is a graduate! Congratulations!

I love the song. Very clever teacher she had.

Kathy and Joel said...

How sweet! I love that we can see their suits through the gowns!! Hee hee!

Andie said...

Wow, happy graduation Lily. Great photos, but where's Lily's arm in the last one? I know I'd give my right arm to finish school, but surely she didn't give her left???

Holly said...

Too precious! That song is priceless!

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations Lily! Those videos were too cute!

PIPO said...

Awww...that's one cutie ball of a graduate!

Kris said...

Oh what a special day! It's amazing how grown up she looks in that last photo - congratulations to your cutie!

Ann said...

It's so cool to have great teachers. Lily will remember her always. And I think it's great to have a graduation, so cute too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails