20 Apr 2007

Worn Out

Our little girl has always been a good sleeper. At first she took 2 long naps a day and then went down to one bionic kip in the afternoon. When she hit three and a half we did away with naps and put her to bed a bit earlier. It doesn't matter what time Schnoog goes to sleep she always wakes up between 6 and 630 every single day. The later she goes to sleep the earlier she wakes up, it is mind boggling. For the past 3 weeks bedtime has fluctuated all over the place but the time she wakes up has remained constant. Yesterday morning I had to wake her up a 7 to get ready for school which astonished me and today was the same thing.

When I picked her up from school yesterday we had to stop and buy milk and then once we came home she went upstairs and I asked her what she was doing. She called back that she was getting undressed. Nothing unusual there as she always changes or at least takes her clothes off when she comes home. Then there was silence so I went to see if she was all right. This is what I found. One tired and exhausted little pumpkin had yanked all the pillows off of our bed and climbed in and gone sound to sleep in seconds. She didn't even make it in right. It appears that she climbed up and then konked out cos she is sideways along the pillow. I think we have officially worn her out.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


After an hour I woke her up for dinner. Last night her school had a special event called Build A Book where the kids all make their own story book and we had signed up to go. I would have done anything to stay home with her and avoid another late night but she was excited so off we went.

Lily Starting her Book

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Nearly Done

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Reading Her Book to the Group

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

If you listen carefully you can hear Lily saying "soupcase" instead of suitcase. There are only a few Lilyisms left and I love 'em.

16 comments:

Beth said...

Our daughter is the same way about getting up at the same time. Luckily for her it is 7 am. If she stays up past 9:30 then her getting up time is earlier. I can't figure these kids. It's just weird.

3D said...

Adorable sleepy pic. I think it is so sweet that she crawled into your bed.

A budding author!

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

I too love the voices of my children, especially when they were so young and things came out of their mouths that made me smile!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Katie Starr is the same way with bed. We can put her to bed at 7:30 or 10:00 pm and she still gets up between 7-7:15 am. Most nights we try to get her in by 7:45 - 8:00. Better for her and more Marc and me time :)

Love her presentation to the class. She has lots of poise; what a sweetheart!

Patricia/NYC said...

Lily is SUCH a CUTIE!! She has such a magnificent smile and is a joy to watch!

LOVE those "-isms" too! Our daughter's latest is "beltseat" instead of seat belt.

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei

Beckyb said...

You need to tell us the secret of how to officially wear them out!!! She is such a cutie!! Love the build a book idea too - hmmm, that would be fun at our library!!

simply t said...

Love the sleeping picture, that is funny!

No matter what time my kids go to bed, they are up between 6 and 6:30...all 3 of them every single day! I relate.

Polar Bear said...

What a precious sleeping girl.

She is so cute telling her story. When will she be published? :)

M and M said...

I think Lily has found a niche in the publishing world. She can be a writer or an illustrator!!

Steffie B. said...

She is so cute. Hang on to those special little words...they will soon be gone! ;)

Nikki said...

Loved the pic of her sleeping in your bed -- she looked so comfy! (even if she was sideways!)

The video of her presenting her book was great! What a fun story she wrote...I just HATE it when the airplane leaves without MY soupcase.
I'm with you -- hangin' on to all the sweet Lilyisms.

aimeeg said...

So adorable! There are days when I feel like doing that right after school.

Great job on the book!

PIPO said...

Build a Book is one cute idea. I love that and hadn't heard of it before.

Poor girlie, she just had to catch some zzzs before the big project :0)

Dannye said...

Looks to me that Lily needed to nap to get her creative juices flowing...happens to the best of us!!!

And I love her story (it is true???), can't wait til she either a famous artist or author, and we can say we knew her before she was famous, hehe...

Adam is a published author, he won some book writing thingy at school, then he got to go somewhere and read it (like a big seminar thingy....don't you love the details I know about that????)

Ann said...

She is soo cute and what a great program her school has, that's a pretty neat idea and it looks like she really enjoyed it

3 Peanuts said...

She looks so cute up there sharing her book. That was worth waking her up for.

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails