19 Apr 2007

Back In The Bloggy Chair

Clean as a whistle. That would be my house right now. There's not a speck of dust to be seen and everything is back in it's rightful place and I can breathe again. Even Lily asked me the other day if we were going to get rats from all the mess? Yes I know that is pretty sad and I now realise that my clean freakiness is spreading to my child. On an upside I have an eversion to cleaning windows so they are so dirty I can't see out!

Where to begin? I have always loved my hubby but now I have a fresh new appreciation for him. He was so wonderful while everyone was here. They are not his family, although he has known them for as long as we have been together and he would and does do anything for them. I love my life and I love Jacob and Lily with all my heart. My life is great and I love the way it evolves. We have a calmness to us in our day to day meanderings which is so wonderful. Yes, we are all nuts but it is a calm nuts. We have structure and routine and for us that is the key to our happiness. I can now sit back and take a huge sigh knowing that our life is back to normal.

One night I sat down at the computer to make a blog entry and my cousins wife had an issue with it so I explained what I was doing and why and she made some comment and that was the end of my blogging for the duration of their stay. I stole a few minutes when they were out but I didn't need to make any friction for my cousin so I left well alone. Stephen and I are very close. As kids we were inseperable and I love him dearly. His kids are wonderful too and I his wife is OK but I expect people to be do-ers and go getters and she lacks the gumption and I am seeing the results in my cousin and it saddens me. I would do anything for him but right now I am at a loss what to do.

Anyhoo, I am back in Bloggyland and can't wait to get caught up. I read a few last night but didn't comment. I have a couple more crazy days ahead of me and then everything will be sane again for a while. We are trying to get the baby's room finished and then I will post pictures. Nanny Rene has made yet another beautiful blanket for the orphanage and also a lovely pink one for Chopstick.

I nearly forgot, it wasn't only Naples that was a shopping Utopia, Orlando was just a brilliant. Lily and Jacob made out really well in both places too but I struck gold.

14 comments:

3D said...

Good to hear from you and to hear that positive spirit in your writings. You are all blessed to have each other and Chopstick will be another blessing.

It takes all kinds to make the world go around. It is hard to see when people change and not for the good always.

Keep smilin!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

glad to have you back. I love the comment about the "rats in the mess"... LOL Sorry about the tension with family. No matter who it is or even what kind it is (friction that is) it's always a bummer.

Emmie said...

You crack me up...so glad to hear from you!

Polar Bear said...

How wonderful to be in such a peaceful, content calm. Not many people can say that.

I can't wait to see the gold you struck. Sounds wonderful.

Your cousin's wife sounds...interesting.

Steffie B. said...

So glad to hear from you! I was missing your snappy little comments! ;)

Nikki said...

So glad you are back!
And that your house is back to clean just the way you like it.
There IS something so calming about normal/routine...no matter what that entails.

Sorry your cousin's wifey put a damper on your blogging for a bit...what can ya do? But, I missed ya and am happy to see you back again.

M and M said...

Glad things are getting back to normal for you. I am sorry that the visit was not what you would've wanted it to be.

Looking forward to seeing 'gold'!

Kathy and Joel said...

So happy to hear from you! You have to take the bad with the good and families tend to have a little of both.

PIPO said...

So glad you are back to the haven of cleanliness :0)

I'm glad all is well, now I just need you to sass about something and make me laugh!

Dannye said...

glad you are back, we missed you!!

redmaryjanes said...

I'm sorry for your cousin, mine is in a similar situation.

Kris said...

Nothing quite like a spotless home. I need to go dust.

Welcome back to blogland!

Beckyb said...

I took my laptop with me to Portland so that I could blog - I think my traveling pal was shocked that someone would do that - what can I say - I LOVE Bloggerland!!!! Glad you're back!!

Ann said...

I'm glad you're back, but as you can tell I'm catching up on blogs. Family....that's all I can say.

And your new label is great-I don't use them, but yours is fantastic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails