27 Apr 2007

The Big 14. and Science Stuff

Yepper today we hit the 14 month mark. It means nothing other than another month down. Our agency is still sticking to the 17-24 month time frame so I will too at least for now. It hardly seems worth posting that little blurb all by itself so I will shall add Lily's day to it.

After school the midget had Mandarin class and blew me away. She is retaining it, all of it. Me, not so much. Mind you we have done homework every single night this week because she is learning some songs for a Mothers Day recital. From there we flew home at warped speed, (actually anytime I am behind the wheel it is warped speed but that is another tale) and had dinner and then we
had to return to her school for a science night. Now since I was bad mummy of the year in the eyes of the school yesterday there was no way I was going to miss this.
One of the many joys of parenting is that you get to go to school again which means any subject that you sucked at or didn't like you have a second shot through them. Now I detested science, lurved biology but not plain old science so I am bound and determined to enjoy it through Lily's eyes. (I doubt if the same will ever be true for Algebra) It was very simple stuff and it will surprise no one to find out she had a great time, see for yourselves.

Erupting Volcanoes

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Lily and 'S' making something or other

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


You really do need a bridge on your nose to wear goggles! Preparing for an experiment

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Attempting To Launch A Bottle Rocket

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

14 comments:

Steffie B. said...

She is so cute....love the rocket launching! lol

Kathy and Joel said...

I love that you are enjoying seeing the world all over again through Lily's eyes. So sweet!

Dannye said...

looks like she had a great time (and even though you weren't too excited, I still have to congratulate you on 14 down...you are that much closer....)!!

3D said...

Happy 14!!

Looks like a fun yet educational event. I thought she was going to fall over trying to launch that rocket. Such determination!

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

Did the rocket launch? It looks like it was an amazing science fair. What fun!

Congrats on 14 down! Your agency's prediction is better than the rumors that are going around.

Special K said...

Damn! Talk about a letdown. The suspense was killing me. I was so waiting for that thing to go off. You left us hanging, D. Did she make it shoot up in the air?


Oh and Happy 14!
14 closer ain't too shabby....
:)

M and M said...

Happy 14 months...

I must move to Florida - you guys do the coolest things!!

tundrachica said...

We just had our Family Science Night and it was a lot of fun for my kiddo. Nothing like things erupting and blowing up...now that's science! :)

Congrats on 14!

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on 14 months down and YOUR BLOG LOOKS WONDERFUL!!

Emmie said...

What a way cool scientist! Very cute!

simply t said...

Happy 14 months down!

PIPO said...

Ooooh - I want to launch a rocket!

Happy 14 behind.

aimeeg said...

Such a cutie! And congrats on fourteen anyway.

Kris said...

First, here's to another month closer to Lily's mei mei! That is awesome...
Second, I fear facing those subjects I dreaded all over again! I loved bio too and general science at her age only confused me! Glad she had so much fun and that you're enjoying it too. I'm totally with you on the algebra! Ugh to math!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails