24 Apr 2007

And The Emmy Goes to.......




Great Scott the Universe has gone quite barmy. My little bitty blog has been chosen for the the "Thinking Blogger Award". Emmie chose me and five of her other favourite blogs to receive this honour.
I started blogging after following other peoples blogs for a few months. The first one I ever read was my friend
Lori's. I thought that I could do one myself even though the only other thing I did with the computer was send email and keep patient files. When I started I kept getting comments from people saying, so and so has photos and video, can you do that to yours? Well the answer was a resounding, NO, I cannot. Then I got brave and tried a few things and with Lori's help I made it. I started it to keep everyone in the UK up to speed with the adoption and with Lily. Little did I know back then, (just a few months ago) that I would find so many wonderful people who are also in this process. I have met some of you and feel like I have met many of you. The friendships and loyalty that I have found in Bloggyland leave me speechless. Thank you to all of you that read and follow our journey.
I am now supposed to pick my 5 favourites but suffice to say if I leave comments on your blog you are one of my favourites but in order to play along and not get my coveted (tongue in cheek) award taken away I will name 5 of them and tell you to go and have a peek in you haven't already.

Three and a Highchair. Lori, someone who I know and consider a friend. She is the one that got me started and I love following her blog and appreciate that she speaks the truth and from the heart.

LayDFrog. I met Dannye's blog through a mutual friend and came to find out later that I know Dannye's sister and her nephew. Now if that's not a red thread nothing is! I now consider Dannye and Ray friends since we have officially met.

3D's Adoption Journey Who doesn't love this blog and the 3 D's? Some of the kindest sweetest people and a dog around. One day I am going to Canada to meet them.

Building A Ladder Of Hope Kathy and Joel and wonderful and so kind. Their blog is also written with kindness and they share so much about themselves. On more than one occasion this blog has had me blubbering.

Taiwan Treasure This isn't a China Adoption blog...now that shocked you didn't it? It's still an adoption journey but this one is heading towards Taiwan. Ann's post crack me up and she nearly always writes exactly what I am thinking.

I have tried to leave out the people that I know were already nominated so if you are not on the list that is why. However I have to mention
Connie since she is the blog Queen and quite the riot and her journey to her baby just makes each and everyday a whole lot brighter.

11 comments:

Kathy and Joel said...

Really?? Wow! *sniff* that's so sweet! I certainly don't feel as though I have been developing any "thinking" posts as of late...
Thanks so much for the nomination, my friend! To say that you think that Joel and I are kind is one of the greatest compliments we could ever receive. :)

Beckyb said...

You deserve all the accolades girl - way to go!! LOVE your blog!! You leave me laughing....

Dannye said...

thanks for the nomination, it made me feel so very honored...

redmaryjanes said...

I love your blog and your nominations are well deserving!!

Kris said...

Not to worry, I nominated Connie after I was nominated... congrats to you too!

M and M said...

CONGRATS on the nomination!!!

Way to go...do we get to go somewhere and vote for you?

I am familiar with most of the blogs that you nominated - Good choices!!

Emmie said...

athanks for playing along! Congrats...you toally deserve it! I love some of the blogs you reconized as well! :)

3D said...

Thank you for the nomination! I truly hope that one day we meet. I am so touched by your lovely compliment. You are making me blush!

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

I always leave your blog laughing about something...that's why I love it so much! ;)

Nikki said...

Dawn, I have loved your blog from the moment I found it.
I know if (or hopefully when) we finally meet, we'll be fast friends. And so will our Lilys!

Ann said...

Thank's girllie, Now I have to do my post!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails